Switch Account

Copying saved programs from HD-DVR to DVD or Hard Drive

Copying saved programs from HD-DVR to DVD or Hard Drive

Contributor GoodJoe
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(6,027 Views)

I have saved many Beyond 2000 programs on my HD-DVR and am running out of room. I don't want to loose these programs...I use them in teaching my college classes.

Does any one know an easy to copy them to a DVD or to a hard drive? If so, please be as detailed as possible.

Thanks,

Joe

2 REPLIES 2
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III
Message 2 of 3
(6,022 Views)
You can't save to a hard drive, but you can use a DVD Recorder. Not sure exactly how its done, but it should be like a VCR.
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 3
(5,976 Views)

You have 2 options:

1)  Connect a DVD recorder to the Composite out of the DVR.  Find program, push play on it and immediately push record on the DVR.  Voila - recorded program

2) Buy a Haupaugue HD-PVR (Model 1212).  It takes a COMPONENT! signal in and stores it as a 1080i or 720p HD signal with up to 5.1 surround sound!  Then they have a program to burn them to DVD IN HIGH DEF!  About $210 on Amazon

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.