Switch Account

Current TV/AJA

SOLVED
Copper Contributor toddbloom7
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(1,217 Views)

Why did you move CurrentTV to the extreme high channel numbers but CNN, Fox, and MSNBC all remain low, in the 100's (and 600's)? Please move it back to provide parity with the other American news channels. 

It's frusterating because every single media outlet always tries to down play any attempt for a non-mainstream outlet to make waves (I worry that, due to the new position, it will move up a tier as well making it impossible to gain a viewership or audience).

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 2 of 3
(1,131 Views)

Current/AJ America is also on channel 114, next to the other news channels. Looks like one of Verizon's "surprise" moves that they didn't want to announce. Announcing the other location at 1750 in our bills was probably some sort of legal requirement that they give us notice when moving a channel location.

Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 3 of 3
(1,015 Views)

I can also confirm that channel 114 is active for Prime HD subscribers. I figured that Al Jazeera America would simply inherit the subscribers from Current TV, but it looks like they have negotiated a better deal for a potential bigger audience.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.