SOLVED
Highlighted
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Re: Custom TV Plan Quirks

Message 11 of 13
(917 Views)

@CRobGauth wrote:

I don't beleive ESPN would cause an RSN fee (as the R stands for regional).

I believe that fee is to account for differeing prices on local regional sports networks.

And if ESPN gets moved back to the base package, I would expect a lot of other channels will make the same request (depending on their contract verbiage).

If that happens, this all falls apart.

It shouldn't cause an rsn fee for espn alone, but Verizon's logic is if you have any sports channels at all then you get charged an rsn fee.

I honestly don't see them not charging it if espn would be put into it alone.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 12 of 13
(871 Views)

I'm now happy to report that all the tuning glitches on the set top box I reported in the first post are now resolved.  Everything works perfect.

As to the RSN Fee they still have some work to do.  It still shows up on my acount and if I start a new order it still shows up being applied.  They did say as I reported earlier is should be fixed by the time my next bill is issued (mid May) and I would not be charged.  Interestingly, I noticed when setting up the favorites that Universal Sports and WFN were working.  Universal Sports is now gone but WFN still works.  I suppose once they get WFN removed the RSN Fee will disapear too.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 13 of 13
(661 Views)

can you confirm that you stopped paying RSN fee after removal of Sports pack? I've just had a chat with Verizon representative who have told me that I would still have to pay RSN fee.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.