DVR Conflict due to show running late
johnsojx
Recently we have noticed that shows are running past the half hour mark causing some shows not to record because it interferes with another show by 1 minute. For example we have a show that comes on from 8-9:01. We then have 2 shows that come on at 9 and that one minute overage causes an entire show not to record. Is there anyway to have either the eight o'clock show end 1 minute "early" or have one of the nine o'clock shows start one minute later?
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: DVR Conflict due to show running late
tns
Master - Level 2

Currently can only be done by manual timers (set date/time for start/end and channel)

0 Likes
MichaelDP
Enthusiast - Level 3

This was suggested back in May 2012: Have the show that would not be recorded due to the 1 or 2 or 10 minutes of conflict be clipped from that show instead. That's what Comcast (Xfinity) did when I left them to switch to Verizon. I was unpleasantly surprised when I found that this wasn't the norm.

How about it guys?

0 Likes
charliewatts
Contributor - Level 2

I would rather have the conflict than the ending being clipped.

MichaelDP
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here! I'm suggesting to always clip the beginning of a conflicting show, higher or lower priority. The issue with not recording at all is that not all shows are in the free section of On Demand and if they are, not for very long.

0 Likes
Mistaya
Enthusiast - Level 3
I have been setting my DVR to automaticlly record 5 minutes past the shows end date. Sporting events aree another issue though.
0 Likes