DVR Question
arengraph

Hi,

We just switched over to a DVR after having Tivo for many years.  I would like to know how I can choose to record a show that is shown twice at different times.  For example:

Army Wives is shown twice (same show) on Mondays at 9:30 pm and 1:30 am.  I want to make a season pass for the 1:30 am show only.  With Tivo it would show both times and I would pick which one I wanted to record.  I don't see that option with my DVR.

Another question I have is, can I program my DVR from any set top box in the house or do I have to do all programming from the actual DVR.

Thanks!!

0 Likes
Re: DVR Question
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

The new release of IMG software 1.9 which is currently being deployed by area has a feature where you will be able to record and delete shows from any other STB.  There is one caveat with this.  You must have a newer STB in the other rooms for this to work.  Some of the older Standard Def. boxes may not provide this feature.

I will let some of the other guru's on the recording function answer the first half of your question.

0 Likes
Re: DVR Question
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

In regards to your first question - if you set up a series and then got the SERIES MANAGER you can set the options to record only on this channel and only at the specified time.  The only issue is that you will most likely have to set the option for FIRST RUN & REPEATS which means that the DVR won't distinguish between new on repeats since typically the second airing on the channel is not flagged as new.

Hope that explains the options and the limitations.

0 Likes
Photos in My Documents
Julianro

How do ask the DVR to display a multi-photo file located  in my PC (in My  Documents) as a slide show  on  TV ?

julianro

0 Likes
Re: Photos in My Documents
Rey8

Was there ever a response to subject question?  I would also like to know.  I have Verizon FIOS and have downloaded the software to my pc.

0 Likes