Re: DVR issue with show overrun by 1 minute
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

Because I could justify the usage to my wife, I simply added another DVR, under the whole house setup, replacing what had been a STB in the MBR with the second DVR.  Any clash in recording times is reported, and I am afforded the opportunity to record it on the second DVR.  I can watch either, via any STB/TV in the house.

0 Likes
ldm1701
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another big problem with these 1 minute settings. If a show is set as a series at say 9-10pm but on a set day for some odd reason it changes to 9:01-10 or 10:01 it will not get recorded. This is not even a schedule conflict. It is just a change of start. There should be a way for dvr ot just start at the changed time. I find it a real pain adding new series schedules for every changed late start.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Change your series settings from specific time to any time.
You can still have it only record new episodes, but it will record them whatever day and time they come on.

0 Likes
hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

I almost always go in and set my DVR for at least a one minute overrun for almost everything. It seems mosts shows anymore don't stay within the parameters of the time on the guide. For sports I set for normally a 60 minute overrun. Just to make sure I get it all. Even then I don't sometimes.

0 Likes