Switch Account

DVR to PC

Contributor dfeldman92
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(6,205 Views)
I have the Home Media DVR. i want to know if it is possible for me to have the recorded shows downloaded to my PC?
3 REPLIES 3
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(6,176 Views)

@dfeldman92 wrote:
I have the Home Media DVR. i want to know if it is possible for me to have the recorded shows downloaded to my PC?

No.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 3 of 4
(6,165 Views)
you can do that with Tivo, but not the fios DVR. Its one of the big reasons I got Tivos.
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I
Message 4 of 4
(6,066 Views)

@Keyboards wrote:

@dfeldman92 wrote:

No.

short, sweet, and right to the point.  I love it.  lol

but he's right, the fios dvr does not have the usb ports enabled, and the current software on the dvr does not support exporting. I've been told that there are some legal issues (questions) that Verizon is looking into first. Something about copyrighted material. I've heard that Tivo has the same concerns but instead of the 'wait and see' approach Verizon is taking, Tivo went ahead and made it available and will deal with the consequences (if any) later.

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.