Delayed Availability of On Demand Shows
adelarocha

I just came over from Time Warner and have been immediately frustrated with the delayed availability of some of the premium network's tv shows. Dexter was available almost immediately on Time Warner, but the most recent episode from the current season that is available is episode 8 when they are already through episode 11.

Same deal with Boardwalk Empire although that might be explained away by  HBO being Time Warner's property and hence giving Time Warner quicker access to that content. 

I am sure Verizon makes these episodes available as soon as they have them, but is there any work in progress to negotiate better terms and sooner availability of these episodes? 

Also, the user experience for finding said shows is not as good since those shows are lopped in with all other on demand content. I dont mind it being there, but in addition to that, it would be nice if there was a Showtime on Demand and an HBO on demand channel (like Time Warner has) in which you can more quickly find on demand content from those premium networks. Unless there is this and I just haven't seen it yet.

thanks,

Alvaro

0 Likes
Re: Delayed Availability of On Demand Shows
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hi adelarocha, when was the last time you check for the new episodes for Dexter because I was just check on VHO#07 and up to the 11th episode was available.

0 Likes
vz_ric
Contributor - Level 1

0 Likes