Digital Audio Output from QIP7232-P2
tmcdphoto
Enthusiast - Level 1

While setting up my brand new QIP7232-P2 box I plugged a coaix digi cable from the proper output into my stero and was pleased it worked.  The initial Fios downloaded concluded and I watched some olympics with nice digital sound, in stereo mode, not surround just to be clear on settings (volume fixed at 30).  I turn the unit off the put my son to sleep.  I turn it back on 20 minutes later and it has lost the digital abilities.  Analog works fine but the very same cable and connection that work hours prior is now gone.  Any ideas?  I have read that Verizon deactivitates the digital outputs but that seems crazy...  any fixes are greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Digital Audio Output from QIP7232-P2
tmcdphoto
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any response from a Verizon Tech would be appreciated here...

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hello tmcdphoto,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Possibly the ouput switched to a dolby digital mode from a PCM output.  Some receivers cannot handle both.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

You may want to try to access the hidden Menu.

point the fios controller within one inch of the FiOS LED area.   If you don't do this, then your TV will probably turn off during the process, and you will have to turn it on by hand. 

So point it very close to the LED display and press these buttons one at a time and with a little less than half a second distance between presses.   The TV should be on and with a FiOS channel playing, before you do these button presses.  when you hit power, you are powering off the set top box.   

POWER OK MENU

1         2        3 

That should pull up a white diagnostic screen, navigate to additinal hdmi options, and you will find sound settings in there. 

change from auto to Pass through at first.  if that doesn't work then switch it to PCM. 

Don't let the name fool you, this should affect all digital output audio devices. 

that may fix the problem for you, a lot of people have reported pretty good success with it. 

tmcdphoto
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the tip on the secret menu.  I am trying to utilize the coaix digi output.  Unfortunately this did not help.

Here is what I have figured out so far:  When I unplug the power cable while my unit is on, it resets itself.  When I plug the power cable back in and turn the fios box on the coaix digi cable works after the initial download has completed.  It works for as long as I keep the box powered on.  When I turn the box off, and then back on, I loose digital audio output and only the analog RCA cables work.  Seems intentionally deactivated by Fios, true?

Tomorrow I will attempt the same configuring process with an HDMI cable running into the stereo reciever.

0 Likes