Disney Cartoons 15 minutes instead of 30 minutes
Mark4834
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

My children love Disney Channel cartoons like Chuggington and Fish Hooks.  The FiOS TV guide lists the programs as two 15 minute shows instead of one 30 minute show.  If you use the schedule on Disney's website, it is listed as one 30 minute show.

This is a problem for when we let our younger child watch Chuggington on the DVR.  We have to come back in 15 minutes and start another show.  This can get real old real quick!

It would be great if FiOS could recognize two 15 minute cartoons as one 30 minute show when there are two 15 minute episodes back to back that begin at either :00 or :30.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
Re: Disney Cartoons 15 minutes instead of 30 minutes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

You'll have to set up a manual recording for that half hour time slot and record it as one.

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

... or setup a series recording for the first show and knowing that it's always followed by the other show, change the amount of extra time to record on the end of the show to be 15 minutes additional and skip telling the DVR to record the second show.

This is occurring because either Disney is feeding the guide provider the information as separate shows or the guide provider is incorrectly dividing the shows into small pieces and feeding it that way to Verizon.  Don't get me started on the quality of the guide provider that Verizon uses ... there are numerous threads already on the boards about the quality and accuracy of the information.

matcarl
Master - Level 1

Hey Lasagna, that 15 minute extra suggestion is really good. I'll do that myself next time.

0 Likes
Mark4834
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks,

I'll try the extra 15 minutes because there's just not enough time before I'm asked to start another program!

Mark

0 Likes