Dispatches from Elsewhere missing episodes
Roubaix
Enthusiast - Level 1

When we go to On Demand to watch "Dispatches from Elsewhere", Season 1, the only episodes that are listed are Episodes 7 through 10. Episodes 1 - 6 are not listed. Does anyone know why this would be? (There are also 3, short series previews/behind the scenes listed).

Also, two weeks ago, we could only access Episodes 1 and 2 of Plot Against America, when episodes 3 through 6 should have also been available. I know their release schedule because my sister produced the show. 

Any idea? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dispatches from Elsewhere missing episodes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This can be controlled by the content providers.

So many (and I have seen it on other cable providers as well) are only allowing recent episodes.

Most likely to drive you to their app/website to watch more.

My guess is that is so they don't have to pay the cable providers for people watching.

View solution in original post

RyanKel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue. It’s annoying

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This can be controlled by the content providers.

So many (and I have seen it on other cable providers as well) are only allowing recent episodes.

Most likely to drive you to their app/website to watch more.

My guess is that is so they don't have to pay the cable providers for people watching.

Roubaix
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks CRob.

I wonder about that though. My sister was the producer of Plot Against America (HBO). When I told her what was up she alerted HBO cable liaisons who were on the phones immediately to Verizon/Fios who assured them things were fixed, but in my area (Greater Philly) they were not. But at least we got to watch from the start. 

Your theory makes sense--theoretically anyway--with a show that starts on Fios with episode 7, (Disp. from Elsewhere) but I don't think a production company would risk losing that many eyeballs with such a risky and cutthroat tactic. I have not seen any episodes, yet I will subscribe to the producers outlet to see it? I will watch episode 7--totally out of order--and get hooked enough to subscribe to producer's online output? I don't think so.

But thank you for responding! Appreciate it.

0 Likes