Switch Account

Do I Stil Need To Pay For....

Do I Stil Need To Pay For....

Contributor hannahb
Contributor
Message 1 of 1
(427 Views)

My local channels?

Ok, so I have local channels added on the Verizon plan. I've been renting their digital adaptor box to recieve channels. When the installation tech installed it, he said I needed it and I couldn't buy one that would work as well. So we've been renting it for $6 a month. 

I recently discovered that I can actually get my channels WITHOUT that box but just plugging in the coax cable and doing the auto scan on my tv. I found all of the same channels, and in HD. 

My question is, am I getting these stations because I'm connected to the coax cable that is plugged into my Fios box, or would I still get it if I didn't pay for the local service. 

I don't really want to get an antenna...I tried it before and the only channel I got was Charlie Chaplin movies playing with Spanish music overtop. So if I have to pay for the local stations that's fine, just figured I'd ask if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.