Do Not Drop Universal Sports or I will drop You - Just another example of Verizon going backwards
JBud

-Poor inet performace

-e-mail is confusing and frequently locks up

-Paid for premiuim tech suipport and got little helpCalled support they didn't ene no where to send me with m,y issues -no escalation process

-Universal Sports is one of the most watched channels.

Bottom line - want a refund

Please have a real mananger call me or I will call comcast in 3 days.

Jared

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Do Not Drop Universal Sports or I will drop You - Just another example of Verizon going backward
cayriawill
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a forum for questions and help. This is might not be seen by any Verizon Employees in a timely maner that can actually help with what you need. I would suggest calling 1-888-553-1555 and asking for a manager/supervisor in the Technical Support Department if your issue is FiOS related or use live chat by going to https://collaborateext.verizon.com/aims/encore/VZCTC.serv.

If it is computer related then you will need to call the Premium Tech Support number 1-877-718-6716

PS: Most of the issues you described could be a pc issue and will need Premium Tech Support

0 Likes
Universal Sports
RLL2

Verizon is dropping Universal Sports January 1st.  Email Verizon to keep it. Tks.

0 Likes
Re: Universal Sports
tns
Master - Level 2

Verizon never carried Universal Sports nationally.

In some area it was carried as a OTA local sub-channel of NBC, and also carried by Verizon. 

The renamed NBC Sports channel, has decided it wants to be a premium HD Channel.  It is no longer going to be offered OTA, and so wants to be offered as a national.  Last time I checked the only one that has picked it up so far is DirecTv.

0 Likes
Stevef3NJ
Contributor - Level 1

I checked, and it seems that Versus is changing their name to NBC Sports, and Verizon carries that channel, both in SD and HD.

0 Likes
Re: Don't Drop UniversalSports
Kasandbrr
Please do not drop Universal Sports in the NYC metro area!!! It looks like you are. 😞 In fact, I'd really like US in HD!!!!
0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Perhaps I am mistaken about the channel rename.  Universal Sports and NBC SPORTS seem to be seperate websites although Universal Sports still shows the NBC Peacock symbol.  I hadn't realized that it was Versus that was being renamed NBC Sports.  Universal Sports site is listing only DirecTv as carrying them and a pitch for you to send to Verizon.

From the Universal Sports website about OTA

"Universal Sports is available in your area on WNBC channel 4.4, but only until 12/31/11!

In 2012, Universal Sports will no longer be available over the air, but you don’t have to risk losing Universal Sports. Switch to DIRECTV NOW by calling 1-800-DIRECTV"

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Remember its not so much they are dropping Universal Sports, but that Universal is dropping OTA access.  The channel up until now was carried OTA as a subchannel for local NBC stations, and carried as such in some area.  As of the beginning of 2012 is a Premium Cable/Satellite channel.  So far only DirecTv has announced that it will carry it.  Perhaps Verizon will decide to carry it and perhaps not.  But almost certainly will not be carried immediately by them.

0 Likes
jjlees
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please bring back Universal Sports!  I don't want to have to change to DirecTV ...

0 Likes
thinnmann1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally disappointed in Verizon that Universal Sports is gone today.  Between my wireless and Fios bill, I pay over $300 to this company per month.  I can not belive that a company that practically owns media and communication in this country is letting a little marginal satellite company, DirecTV, do better at providing the best spors channel available to their customers.  I am glad I did not remove that satellite dish from when I had DirecTV some years ago.  Looks like I will be switching back.