Universal Sports
karch3

Lauberhorn Ski race, set for next weekend, was carried last year by Universal Sports. We need that back on air on FIOS immediately. We also miss the figure skating, and excellent coverage of cycling. What can be done to get this back on VZ FIOS?

0 Likes
Re: BRING BACK UNIVERSAL SPORTS
tns
Master - Level 2

Note that not even Comcast, one of the owners, has bothered to pick up the channel yet.  You want Verizon to be first?

0 Likes
Re: Don't Drop UniversalSports
steven113
Contributor - Level 3

please add Universal sports network back fios tv in NYC please ty for listening!!!!

0 Likes
sapinva

Bring back universal; cycling, skiing, various Olympic sports are not available anywhere else.

0 Likes
lyghim

honestly, i'm not sure why anyone cares about the drop.  i have watched a few things on the channel, and love pretty much 90% of what they carry.  the problem is that all their broadcasts are crap SD which (especially) for a sports network makes it mostly unwatchable.  so now they are going to offer HD, but they (universal, not verizon) want you to pay for it.  how does this translate into "drop verizon" for any rational human being.  comcast's HD looks like SD anyway.  go ahead and cut off your nose to spite your face.

0 Likes
dmw010

I'd like to add my vote to bring the Universal Sports channel back, and in HD!  My wife and I watch it all the time, especially cycling and winter sports.  Work it out Verizon!

0 Likes
Re: Universal Sports
xcross
Enthusiast - Level 1

OFFER US UNIVERSAL !!!

Why do these middle men like Verizon decide what I should or should not watch. I have no issue paying for what I watch (and I do). But when they remove channels and don't give you the option... well.. this is the reason soon everyone will watch web content and ditch cable (and that's really all verizon is...).. another **bleep** cable company.

Universal Sports cancellation vs. "best experience" **bleep**
RCSDICK
That's fine, I spose', as long as my rate is lowered reflecting it, because I know! you want to provide us with the "best experience". But, informing us, by itself, doesn't quite cut it. I want my "car payment sized Fios bill" to reflect it (fair, no?) Also, why is it, Fios is promoting all these new perks that aren't being offered to it's 'tried and true', long time subscribers? What rewards are com'n our ways, ie; the 'disappearing deductibles' via some  car insurance companies? That "best experience" is akin to "this'll hurt me, more that it'll hurt you, son" crap. We want the SAME things offered to all the 'newbies'. You know, an an 'act of appreciation' ie; a rate reduction, and experiencing that 'best experience' voodoo, that you do, sooooo well. Cool huh? So, how's 'bout it? Give it a shot, (being fair that is) Now, YOU'RE informed 'Dear Provider' Thank you, We'll be over here 'holding our collective breaths', Thank you, a 'Dear Customer' aka. the Sulfrians , {edited for privacy}, NJ
0 Likes
Re: Universal Sports cancellation vs. "best experience" **bleep**
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

Universal Sports was a free channel, both to you and to Verizon. If you were able to receive Universal Sports on FiOS, you were also able to receive it using a standard antenna connected to a standard television or digital converter box. Verizon was forced to carry the channel due to federal regulations that force cable providers to carry all over-the-air channels unless the channel declines or requires payment.

Verizon did not remove Universal Sports. Universal Sports stopped broadcasting. It literally no longer exists as an over-the-air channel for Verizon to carry. Instead, Universal Sports is now a cable channel, and as such Verizon must negotiate a carriage agreement with it, just like it does for any other cable channel. Such negotiations take time, especially since now Verizon must pay for the channel where it did not have to pay before.

Just be patient. Chances are Universal Sports will be back, if only because it will be carrying some of the Olympics coverage later this year. But Verizon will not rush negotiations, nor should they.

0 Likes
Re: Universal Sports cancellation vs. "best experience" **bleep**
jkn1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My decision to stay with Verizon or move to Comcast would depend on whichever (if either) decides to carry Universal Sports because of its cycling coverage.

0 Likes