Re: Don't Drop UniversalSports
cycleskifan

Verizon: Please bring back Universal Sports! I'LL PAY EXTRA. It's one of about 5 channels that I regularly watch. I really like FIOS internet but will definitely go with DirectTV for television/DVR and drop my landline if this isn't resolved very soon.

0 Likes
Koons1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why then, does their website urge us to call Verizon and other cable carriers?

0 Likes
Koons1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Right. All those 15 outlets will show 100 tape-delayed clips of our athletes winning, and absolutely nothing else. Might as well just play "Born in the USA" for 15 hours and save the money

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@Koons wrote:

Why then, does their website urge us to call Verizon and other cable carriers?

Because, at last check, only DirecTv has picked it up.  Not even Comcast, a part owner of the channel, has picked it up.

0 Likes
m02478

I agree.  I am really disappointed.  Does anybody know if Comcast is offering it?  Maybe time to change to Comcast to get this?  I have been very frustrated by Verizon's lack of an answer on this topic.  They just dropped a channel that was part of a premium package without any notice?  Are you kidding?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Read the previous post.

Only DirecTv has it.
Comcast (who is part owner of Universal) doesn't carry it.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually no one has it anymore.  They have closed operations as of 11/16/15.

0 Likes
ekelks1
Contributor - Level 1

I used to watch Universal Sports avidly for figure skating and gymnastics -- it was the reason I signed up for the super pricey package I have. But over the years, the endless commercials, the poor sound quality -- i.e., announcers speaking so loudly they drowned out the music -- something that has nothing to do with the announcers but with basic audio track control -- I stopped watching, and for about 45 dollars bought a year's subscription to icenetwork.com, which has its faults (cannot be viewed on an iPad, e.g.), but is worth every penny if you're a figure skating fan, and don't want to wait until NBC decides to edit down the real shows to the programs that air weeks later, sometimes, on NBC. Not sure what other sports they show other than gymnastics, which NBC and NBC Sports Network will also show, and you can probably find much of what you want on You Tube...from other countries' perspectives, maybe, but sport is sport. I'm not going to waste any more time bemoaning the loss of this channel again.

0 Likes