Dropped Fox TV
Fox-lover
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very upset they took off Fox without any notification.  Boston area gone!  Maybe we need to drop Verizon.

Fox 25
Copyman59
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am paying over 180.00 dollars a month and Verizon decides to block this channel while negotiating a new contract? Can I do the same? Verizon sucks and doesn't care about their customers. 

fox money
stopchinandfox

hold the line against fox...give them nothing  no money for fox

0 Likes
Re: Dropped Fox TV
Charlie131
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here in Syracuse N.Y.  Was notified on New Year’s Eve at 11:00 P.M. by e-mail that Fox would be dropped on January 1, 2020.

Therefore, one hour prior notification and one-day prior notification.

Can not wait to change back to another carrier!

Re: Fox 25
Charlie131
Enthusiast - Level 1

Change to another company as soon as possible!

UncleTractor
Enthusiast - Level 1

Far be it from us bill-paying plebes to understand the nuance of corporate contests, but this isn't gonna fly, guys. 

You dropped a major local affiliate – one with an NFL contract, no less – with zero notice to the customers beyond a midnight email? And you expect to keep your customers as a result? I'm no MBA, but I don't need to be one to know this whole thing speaks to an outright contempt for the customers who support you, and more tellingly, likely means you're punching below your weight in the TV markets you serve, neither of which bodes well for us.

I'm not laying Cox Media as blameless here – I'm sure everyone has their hand out, and some are bigger than others – but every other carrier has managed to work this out at zero lost content to their customers, which means your little "woe is us" PR campaign is falling on deaf ears.

Given the way this has been handled so far, it's looking like you can count me among the OTA antenna/streaming only crowd very shortly... I've had enough.

jbach1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am really upset that we lost FOX Boston. My husband leaves work 4:20, this is the only news station he can catch (starts 4 AM) and ONE of the few things he watches. No warning,  Verizon knew this was coming-hes left with no access to news headlines or weather for day, not happy.  He doesnt like be connected all day, refuses use APP for morning news, and shouldnt be forced to.  This is major network, I should have options- pay extra-  it shouldnt be Verizon knows whats best for me. I cant cancel during off hours and Chat isnt working. Frustration has tipped to decision to cancel immediately.  Sorry Verizon Ive been loyal have ultimate PKG for maybe 8 hrs total watch time each week, its taking away the 1 thing important to us without warning that lost customer for LIFE

Re: Verizon vs. Fox Network
Confussed1
Enthusiast - Level 1

If these channels are free over the air why do they charge the cable company.  Wouldn’t it be better for the advertisers who would get more viewers for there cost.  Think greed on both sides is the problem.  

Re: fox money
Yumma1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Some of us want Fox. We pay enough for our services. If Verizon doesnt want to pay make it a subscription service. Some of us are invested in the shows/station

Dropped fox how about subscription
Yumma1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Some of us are invested in programs on Fox. We pay alot of money for fios. You should have at least asked us if we'd be willing to pay a small subscription fee but instead we get "channel not available"  IF VERIZON DOES NOT BRING BACK FOX WITHIN 10 DAYS IM LEAVING Verizon and taking my soon to be expired Verizon mobile service as well.  I've had it with paying thru the noise for cable & then having one of the 6 channels I watch consistently taken away with NO NOTICE is wrong.  Some say dont settle but obviously those people arent invested in The Resident, 911, Prodigal Son, Almost Family. Fox has some of the best diverse programming & I for one am done if Verizon can't give us back this station. What's next ABC, NBC,CBS???