Re: Dropping RFD-TV - Poor Decision!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Problem is that RFD has such low viewership on Verizon (so they claim).

There are two parts to the fees:

1) Per subscriber fee - That is probably what fee they were talking about reducing

2) Fixed connection fees - There are fees to connect to provider and costs to distribute that content.

The fixed costs are there regardless of the number of viewers.

This is some of the same issue when Verizon dropped TWC. It was not only the per viewer cost, but the fixed costs (which can be substantial).

Arounf me, there is not another provider that carries RFD unless I want to go satellite.

And others have made the same comments.

RFD may be carried in some areas, but my guess is that most of the core area that Verizon intends to keep (mainly the northeast), the number of viewers would not cover the costs.

0 Likes
JoeCar1

I had to upgrade to the most expensive package for this channel because I enjoy the Marty Stuart Show.  It's starting to look like I should have stayed with DirecTv.

0 Likes
Firefly099

Disgusting!  I just discovered Verizon dropped one of my favorite channels...and for no reason.   I plan to change providers when my contract expires.  

0 Likes
DAVIDMCLEARY

WHY DID YOU CANCEL RFD? PLEASE REINSTALL CHANNELL246/247 SO WE CAN VIEW THAT STATION CONTINUOUSLY. {edited for privacy},FL

0 Likes
Luicee

I'm just stunned.

make that 70,001.

I DVR shows, and watch when I have time, I had NO idea until tonight.

The channel that replaced RFD... Is an interesting choice. Wonder how many viewers they have?

And as for our demographics, we are a late thirties, upper middle class college (post-grad) Household too.

what a sneaky I deranged obviously not viewer driven strategy.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@DAVIDMCLEARY wrote:

WHY DID YOU CANCEL RFD? PLEASE REINSTALL CHANNELL246/247 SO WE CAN VIEW THAT STATION CONTINUOUSLY. {edited for privacy},FL

Probably not going to matter much to you since you are in Florida. By the end of March Frontier will be your (and my) FiOS provider, not Verizon. I took a quick look at one of their channel guides and it appears Frontier doesn't provide that channel, although they appear to have different channel guides for each state they have FiOS in, and I only looked at one state. But until the transition to Frontier is complete and we can really see what channels they will be providing our states, I think the only thing we can do is sit back and wait and see. Or switch to cable or a satellite provider.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Luicee wrote:

I'm just stunned.

make that 70,001.

I DVR shows, and watch when I have time, I had NO idea until tonight.

The channel that replaced RFD... Is an interesting choice. Wonder how many viewers they have?

And as for our demographics, we are a late thirties, upper middle class college (post-grad) Household too.

what a sneaky I deranged obviously not viewer driven strategy.

Actually very Viewer Driven Strategy.  Not that you have to agree with your fellow viewers.

0 Likes