Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Dumping FIOS Tv this was the LAST STRAW!

molitar
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Dumping FIOS Tv this was the LAST STRAW!

Message 1 of 6
(1,520 Views)

I'm paying over $185/month for service now they dump BBC America from my plan!  It's free on Brighthouse now I can not watch Doctor Who unless I pay even more money??   I am dumping them for my Tv and Phone and going to Brighthouse this is just **bleep** ridiculous!  Cancelled Funimation now they charge more for BBC America!  

Over a **bleep** hour on phone and still can't reach support Verizon has become complete and utter GARBAGE!  Cancel channels!  Reduce number of channels when paying ridiculous fees for channels as it is!  No easy 3D channels!  Fios is utter CRAP now!

5 REPLIES 5
James_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Dumping FIOS Tv this was the LAST STRAW!

Message 2 of 6
(1,477 Views)

Hey Molitar, I've sent you a PM to get some information from you.

Thanks,

James_VZ d-_-b

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.
tns
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 3 of 6
(1,391 Views)

Charge more?  As far as I have heard they recently added BBC America HD but have not changed the packages that include BBC America.

DallasTX
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(1,377 Views)

What bad luck that you were trying to contact Verizon right in the middle of the NFL Red Zone outage with people calling in bringing customer support to its knees.

NTXDFW
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(1,309 Views)

My bill went up recently (still under 2 year contract by the way) to charge more for basic box rental for whatever reason.  They have found a way to nickel and dime us.  I have one HD receiver, 2 basic receivers, no DVR, no movies channels and no extra packages and I am paying $180.00 a month now.  As for charging me more (while under contact) I don't get where it takes them anything for a box to sit on a shelf and receive a Fios signal.  I have inquired about lower monthly plans, but they don't have any...really?  They advertise them on their site, of course you get less content.  I gave up arguing with them a long time ago.  I am up for renewal in October (or am I), but apparently being under contract means nothing, they can still raise your rate but you pay big time to cancel and drop their service.  I would downgrade my service but that could cost me more than I am paying now with their math.  I have been with Verizon since Fios was available in my town, almost 10 years now and I growing less and less fond of them every year. 

HokieDave
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 6 of 6
(1,299 Views)

I've got news for you ... everyone does that.

Before I switched to FIOS, I had Cox cable.  My bill slowly crept up from $125 to $150 even while I was supposedly under a contract.  One time it was that they had revamped which channel was in which package (which, as interesting as that was, you increased my bill in so doing).  When I switched everything to FIOS and consolidated all of my services (home phone+tv+internat+cell phone), I bought a smart phone for the first time and was still paying less per month than I was for Cox services and a non-smartphone (dumb phon?) from nTelos.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.