Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

ESPN Goal Line Missing

cvdean
Contributor
Contributor

ESPN Goal Line Missing

Message 1 of 12
(1,164 Views)

I noticed the other day that the message for ESPN Goal Line (571) was gone and a black screen. Now today I get a message that the service is not available. Anyone else. What happened to it.

11 REPLIES 11
Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: ESPN Goal Line Missing

Message 2 of 12
(1,088 Views)

The message saying "currently unavailable" means there is a signal problem. That's commonly fixed by unscrewing the coax cable from the back of the box and from the wall outlet. Make sure both copper pins on the end are straight, then screw both back on. If that does not fix it, please send me a private message

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

BWL
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 12
(1,038 Views)

I had the same issue.  Was there a resolution that worked?

MiMeQu
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 4 of 12
(1,024 Views)

Not sure how this is a signal problem for one channel?  I have the same issue.  Now, for some reason, a parental lock screen comes up on my screen for channel 571.  The rest of my channels work.

rkdunn2
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 12
(985 Views)

It is not even on my channel list anymore. I called the call center, and basically got a response of "if it's not on the list, then we don't carry it." Of course, he didn't know that Verizon carried it as recently as last week, so I don't really trust his knowledge. I just wish I could get a straight answer from Verizon on what is going on with the channel.

MiMeQu
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 6 of 12
(971 Views)
it is no longer on my tv either. The last few days the channel was there but the screen was blank. Then the parental locks notification screen came up. Now the channel is gone from the system. I guess it is too much to ask for Verizon to put something on their website or send us a message.
Caps09
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 7 of 12
(967 Views)

Where are you guys located? I remember last year when the channel started, the DC and Harrisburg areas could not see the channel due to exclusivities already in place in those markets. I'm in Richmond and have not had any problems with it.

BWL
Contributor
Contributor

Message 8 of 12
(964 Views)

I'm in Northern Virginia.  The channel is now missing from my menu as well (it was in the menu last week).  I just wish Verizon would be clear if the channel is available and who it's available to.

MiMeQu
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 9 of 12
(938 Views)
please see my posting about Verizon's biggest issues. I have posted this issue as an example of lack of communication on Verizon's part.
JTJACK
Contributor
Contributor

Message 10 of 12
(882 Views)

One of the main reasons I signed up for Extreme plan was to receive Goal Line.

If  Fios is not providing Goal Line should I get a rebate on my Extereme bill?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.