ESPN HD Networks is compressed HD Signal
billymets
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why after going to FIOS , is that I am dealing with this problem on FIOS , I had with Time Warner Cable ?

I thought FIOS was to fix this . I guess not

0 Likes
Re: ESPN HD Networks is compressed HD Signal
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@billymets wrote:

Why after going to FIOS , is that I am dealing with this problem on FIOS , I had with Time Warner Cable ?

I thought FIOS was to fix this . I guess not

Actually all digital TV is technically compressed - that is what the MPEG standard is all about.

Verizon does not re-compress the origianl signal sent by the provider.  Not sure what your specific complaint is as the title does not adequately describe it and I have no idea what your problem was when you were with TW.  If you are referring to compression artifacts, then your beef is with Disney (owner of ESPN adn ABC) for how heavily they compress the signal before transmission. 

Also IIRC ESPN HD is in 720p and not 1080i.  Try setting your STB for 720p output when watching ESPN and see if that fixes your issues.

0 Likes
Re: ESPN HD Networks is compressed HD Signal
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Forget it Keyboards.{please keep your posts courteous}  He keeps signing up for different providers and dropping them just as fast as he signed up. He's never happy with anyone.

0 Likes