ESPN audio
thosr1982

I am having issues with ESPN/ESPN2 audio. It is very staticy. Especially from the surrounds and more so on the commercials. All other channels appear to be fine so I can't imagine its anything in my system.

Also blu-rays on PS3 sound perfect. I do have a 5.1 surround sound setup.  Not sure what else to do or test for this issue.

0 Likes
Re: ESPN audio
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

It could be the audio format ESPN uses or something particular to your surround sound system. The way to rule out if its a problem with your surround sound is to check other TV's in your house at the same time. Another check you can do is temporarily run sound directly to your TV instead of the surround sound. If the problem isn't happening on other boxes in the house, bring one of those boxes to the surround sound and see if it works fine with the other box. If you are still having issues after all this, please send me a private message.

0 Likes
Re: ESPN audio
thosr1982

Thanks for the reply Anthony

I hooked the cable box up directly to the TV and (this time only tested ESPN2) the audio was still staticy although I admit it was much harder to hear. But its VERY obvious and very distracting with surround sound. I think its because most of the static is comming out of the rear speakers.

This test was done with a different HDMI cable as well. After all that I ran the audio to the amp with an optical cable instaed of HDMI and it still produces static.

After that I added a coax extender and ran the cable to another coax connection in my house... still static.

So that rules out the cables and the amp....

I do not have another cable box at all so I can't test it with a different box.

(Also sent via PM)

0 Likes