ESPNHD, ESPN2HD, Comedy Central HD Problems
mamedford
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else having problems with ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD, Comedy Central HD?  Programs have been pixelated and had horizontal lines (also audio problems) for several weeks.  I've called Verizon and it was better for a day, but  I DVR'd a few things over the weekend and when I went to watch them later on they were messed up again.  I have 2 DVR's and it's the same on both.  SD version of all three channels are fine.  But you know what?  I don't want to watch stuff on SD - that's whey I switched over to Verizon FIOS.  I also had to wait 30 minutes tonight to talk to customer service.  I'm ready to give XFinity a try.

Re: ESPNHD, ESPN2HD, Comedy Central HD Problems
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

mamedford,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues.  We have sent you a PM. 

Thanks Tonya C.  

0 Likes
jar66su
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to have this problem with Comedy Central about a year ago and it went away, but I've had the issue with ESPN and ESPN2 for about 3 months now and it is driving me mad.

this is video of my issue (not sure if this is the same thing you were experiencing)

youtu.be/hOeov5y2qHw

0 Likes
mamedford
Enthusiast - Level 2

My problem was similar to that, but even worse.  Verizon came out and replaced something and it's been fine ever since.  I don't recall what was replaced, but it wasn't the router or the DVR.  It may have been the splitter or the box in the basement.

Good luck.

0 Likes
jar66su
Enthusiast - Level 2

so your problem was similar to what my youtube video looked like?  that was my TV on a good day...on a bad day it displays for a split second and then tells me there is no signal for that channel.   I had heard it may be the type of cable or also a splitter issue but really have no way of knowing without going out and buying new cabling.  if it's the cabling that's my house is wired with than I think I may be out of luck (renting).

hopefully verizon chimes in on this thread (hint hint Smiley Wink)

0 Likes
mamedford
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was not the cable that was replaced.  It was either the splitter or the box where the signal comes into the house, or both.

Yes, my problem was similar to your Youtube video but much worse all the time - never getting any better on ESPN HD or ESPN2 HD.  On Comedy Central HD it started out the same as ESPN but then went to the message about no signal that you mentioned.  So, yes, I'd assume it's the same issue.  Getting a Verizon Tech to come out may solve your problem.  At any rate, there's nothing you can do about it yourself.  Good luck.

0 Likes
jar66su
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know I'm not the only one having this issue?  Verizon has been zero help so far and can't suggest anything other than resetting my STB.   A little help...

0 Likes
clessor
Enthusiast - Level 1

Comedy Central HD has been out for days.  I have been on the phone with support foe an hour now and they still can't figure it out.

jank0023
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same problem and its really ticking me off.  Its been occurring for over a month now I just didn't have time to bother with it before the holidays.

I don't have a problem with Commedy Central just ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD.  All other channels work fine.  Anyone have a solution?

jaydavis81
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same issue. The techs act like they have no idea what I'm talking about and are zero help. It's like when they took away all the outdoor channels out of the blue then acted like it was no big deal.