English Premier League Soccer on NBC Sports
jfreer1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Beginning in August 2013, NBC Sports will have exclusive rights to English (Barclay's) Premier League soccer.  All games not aired on a designated NBCUniversal channel will be made available to distributors on Premier League Extra Time, a package of overflow television channels available at no extra cost for each of their customers who receives NBC Sports Network. (see: http://epltalk.com/2013/04/23/everything-you-need-to-know-about-nbcs-coverage-of-the-premier-league-...).  

Will Verizon/FiOS be making that service available to subscribers?

Labels (1)
Re: English Premier League Soccer on NBC Sports
uglyrose1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi

Thanks for raising this issue, we need to make Verizon agree to get this Premier League Extra Time  for customers. Lets keep on making request via all social media.

Thanks

lolhoss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Glad to see this has been brought up. We are less than a month away form the start of the season. Hopefully we get the overflow games/channels. Anyone home, Verizon?

buggzy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

NBC just released this (http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2013/07/29/nbc-sports-group-announces-u-s-tv-schedule-for-first-th...), which excludes FiOS as a provider for Premier League Extra Time.  FiOS, first it was FSCHD, then it was BeIN, if you drag your feet on this one like you have in the past, i may finally have to pull the plug!  Get your act together and provide the content your subscribers want!

pauld59
Enthusiast - Level 1

Fios - please don't disappoint us again! pls provide the Premier League Extra time  as offered to you by NBC

Munsterman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My 4 years with Fios will end in a few weeks.  It will be Bye Bye Verizon, welcome back Comcast.

bubbaamy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I heard they were dumping GolTV as well or at least the English speaking channel (313).  It may be time to revisit Comcast Xfinity.  It would be a shame as I have been with FIOS for 8 years but they are consistently behind the other major providers with respect to the sports programming.  Not really sure what they are thinking.

oviano
Enthusiast - Level 2

If FiOS don't host these channels then it's goodbye from me too, and hello DirecTV.

bubbaamy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just spoke with Verizon.  Shockingly, they have no comment at this time and don't have the package in their system.  Please make your voice heard if you want this.

dukeofhotspur
Enthusiast - Level 1

Need to sort this or I'll be jumping ship too, speaking to others they will lose plenty of customers should they not add Premier League Extra TIme.