Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Epix in NY

buckbelue
Contributor
Contributor

Epix in NY

Message 1 of 7
(6,729 Views)

Hi, Question hopefully someone could answer- Just signed up for FIOS, and enjoying it so far. I have all the movie channels, and the HD extreme package. I noticed that I do not get EPIX. Is that a special charge ?, or should I be getting that channel ?. I have TV/Phone/ Internet

Thanks !

6 REPLIES 6
Caps09
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Re: Epix in NY

Message 2 of 7
(6,710 Views)

EPIX is $10 a month extra no matter what other movie packages you have. It would seem like a ripoff for only one linear channel, but it includes all of its content on demand and online. While their content is pretty basic now, I've heard claims that there will eventually be 15,000 titles to choose from, and that certain movies will be made available the same day as the blu-ray release. The channel is owned by member studios, so it has potential, but we'll have to wait and see.

bobbo527
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 3 of 7
(6,635 Views)

@Caps09 wrote:

EPIX is $10 a month extra no matter what other movie packages you have. It would seem like a ripoff for only one linear channel, but it includes all of its content on demand and online. While their content is pretty basic now, I've heard claims that there will eventually be 15,000 titles to choose from, and that certain movies will be made available the same day as the blu-ray release. The channel is owned by member studios, so it has potential, but we'll have to wait and see.

EPIX is indeed a pay channel and I agree with Caps09 in that in it's current form Epix is not worth $10, or even $1 a month. Now if what you say is true, maybe that will change but for right now I'm saving my $10.

film11
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 4 of 7
(6,632 Views)

You should also be aware that (for newer films), they crop off anywhere from 20% - 40% of the picture.

Chitchatjf
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 5 of 7
(6,602 Views)

The folks at Epix are well aware of this.

This will most likely change. 🙂

bobbo527
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 6 of 7
(6,569 Views)

@film11 wrote:

You should also be aware that (for newer films), they crop off anywhere from 20% - 40% of the picture.

And this is just another reason why I refuse to waste 10 bucks a month.

Caps09
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 7 of 7
(6,521 Views)

I wasn't trying to say that it wasn't worth it, only that it may not seem worth it unless the on-demand and online content was valuable to you.

I bought the channel, and it's worth $10 to me more than Cinemax would be.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title