Exercise TV On Demand FiOS
Tryna
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but Exercise TV was taken off of the VOD line up Jan. 1st 2012.  I have no idea why nor have I heard anything from Verizon regarding this change.  I just finished a live chat with a Verizon rep who is not sure if Exercise TV was in fact removed.  I read an article online on New Year's day stating that most cable and satellite companies would be removing Exercise TV from On Demand by the end of 2011.  The article did not specify a reason for this change.  I for one am not pleased at all by this decision.  I really enjoyed the exercise programs and would greatly appreciate Verizon FiOS to reinstate it in their TV line up.  Please let me know if you have heard anything in regards to this matter.  Maybe with enough pull we can get this program back on VOD Smiley Frustrated

Labels (1)
Re: Exercise TV On Demand FiOS
Paul991
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife discovered this change only this morning .... and is so upset that she wants to cancel Verizon (as this is the latest straw -- she is none too happy with the phone messaging system .... sometimes she has to dial-in literally 5 or 6 times to access voicemail). I spoke with Service (after being on hold for 14 minutes...) only to be told that this is a Sales issue. After being transferred (and again, being placed on hold for several more minutes), I was told that this is an "On Demand" issue -- Verizon purchases On Demand as-is and "gets what it gets;" however, "IF I WANTED TO PAY MORE ...." I had switched from Comcast due to their **bleep**-poor service ... but it looks like Verizon is rapidly gaining ground as the top (bottom?) contender. We pay > $1600 per year for our service. Am now checking back into Comcast to see if they have better programming. 

ernice
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think it's insulting of Verizon not to let subscribers know when key programming like Exercise TV is removed from the line up.  It cannot be that they thought no one would notice.  Therefore, it must be that they don't care.  I am really disappointed, since I switched to Verizon from Comcast because of that same kind of attitude.

ernice
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just found the following link about Exercise TV.  I guess it's not Verizon's fault...

http://www.examiner.com/weight-loss-in-national/exercsetv-on-demand-channel-website-shutting-down

0 Likes
spicelisa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want my exercise tv back! Please bring it back!:womansad:

McCormick2

That's so funny about exercise TV.  I went looking for the videos this morning and have spent 30 mins trying to find out what happened.  I think it's a shame if they indeed removed it.  A lot of us depend on those videos because of the convenience and variations that they offer.  Im wonder why would they do away with it.  What am I going to do Now?  But I did see a few videos under the fitness and yoga, but they were very dry and boring. Verizon needs to get it in order.

0 Likes
jmunoztx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey I noticed no Exercise TV this morning!!...What's going on?  Why weren't Verizon customers notified.  I need my Exercise TV!!

jojo4291
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi All,

Yes in fact they have gotten rid of Exercise TV without sending any warning to its customers.  I loved Exercise TV and want to cancel with verizon and find a cable company that offers this.  This was very convenient to me and my family and to cancel it is outrageous.  Please reply all of you out there so we can let Verizon know that we will not accept this change.  This was part of our package deal and to not notify us is just wrong!

concerned Verizon Customer

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@jojo429 wrote:

Hi All,

Yes in fact they have gotten rid of Exercise TV without sending any warning to its customers.  I loved Exercise TV and want to cancel with verizon and find a cable company that offers this.  This was very convenient to me and my family and to cancel it is outrageous.  Please reply all of you out there so we can let Verizon know that we will not accept this change.  This was part of our package deal and to not notify us is just wrong!

concerned Verizon Customer

Its Exercise that is shutting down not Verizon dropping them.

0 Likes
admom

I am really unhappy about this too.  Shouldn't we have been notified?

0 Likes