Extreme HD plans?
dean16
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm about to renew my contract.  The web site says I currently have "FiOS TV Extreme HD 285 chan 70+ HD" and offers to renew that plan for the same price I've had.  But when I look a the list of TV plans, I don't see that one.  There is a listing for "Extreme HD 325 chan 86 HD".  I haven't actually counted my channels.  Are these really the same, and they just haven't updated the web site?  I know in the past there have been some grandfathered plans the current subscribers could keep if they wanted.  I called Verizon and they say there's only one plan, but they don't sound too confident in their answer.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Extreme HD plans?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

There are 2 different Extreme HD plans. The one you are in is a grandfathered plan which has less channels. You can compare the two using

http://bit.ly/cSrTBO
0 Likes
dean16
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply!  I looks like they removed the "grandfathered" plan information from the link you suggested.  Only the  "Extreme HD 325 chan 86 HD" is listed on the comparisons.  But the renewal screens I'm shown all show that I'm renewing the 285 channel version with no option to go to the 325 channel plan.  I've been told by 2 Customer Service Reps there is only 1 plan so I cannot upgrade.  They don't know anything about the grandfathered version.  I guess I need to count my channels and see what I actually have now.  

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

No need to count. After you type in your zipcode and hit enter, the chanel list comes up. At the bottom right click on the link that says "Select Plans to Compare" . From there you will see Extreme HD 2009 edition.

dean16
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, that was pretty well hidden 🙂  It still doesn't explain the 285 channel plan the renewal form says I have.  The grandfathered Extreme HD version shown actually has a few more channels (337 chan 89HD).  And the other old plans have less.  So, I went through all my active channels and checked them off against the current 325 channel plan, and found that I had them all.  So, it looks like the 285 and the 325 Extreme HD plans are identical.  I'll renew confident that I'm not missing the 40 channels (that I probably would never watch anyway...)

Thanks for your replies!

0 Likes