FAVORITES (New Program Guide)
AlphaB
Contributor - Level 1

For some strange reason, under the new program guide, I cannot get Favorites to "stick" when I click on the "Guide" button.  Mode always switch back to "all channels." 

I have to manually click on the remote "Options" button to get the Guide to switch to Favorites or click on the remote Favorite button.  When I exit the Guide then switch back to the Guide, the Mode reverts back to "All Channels."

On TV mode, Favorites sticks when I want to change channels.  It even sticks when I turn tv off & back on.  It's just the Guide button that Favorites does not stick.

Is this new, a bug, a glitch or is it me?

BTW:  I am enjoying the new guide the more I use it.  I must admit, as a "baby boomer," it takes a lot of getting use to. Smiley Tongue

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FAVORITES (New Program Guide)
AlphaB
Contributor - Level 1

Ok, I figured it out.  When you press the Favorite button, the grid pops up showing Mode:  Favorites.  In my case, Favorites 1.  If you do not press the Favorites button, the grid will show Mode:  All Channels.

So you must press the Favorites FIRST!

Will mark this post as "solved."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
milhaus_vz
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for posting on our forums.  The feature you want to check out is called “Flip by Favorites”.  Click Menu and go down to Settings.  Move to the right and enter into the Favorites Channels category.  There is an option called Flip by Favorites.  You can set this to All Channels, Favorites 1 or Favorites 2.  Once set, this will set your guide mode to which ever favorites list you select.  ^MRM

0 Likes
AlphaB
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for your response. 

I tried your suggestion "There is an option called Flip by Favorites."  After I set this option (Favorites 1), exit out of Menu, clicked on the Guide button, the channel grid was still set to "All Channels."

0 Likes
AlphaB
Contributor - Level 1

Ok, I figured it out.  When you press the Favorite button, the grid pops up showing Mode:  Favorites.  In my case, Favorites 1.  If you do not press the Favorites button, the grid will show Mode:  All Channels.

So you must press the Favorites FIRST!

Will mark this post as "solved."

0 Likes
sherbet
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not Solved.....It plain doesn't work.   The concept is to keep you in all channels  all the time.  This change has made watching FIOS TV a Nightmare!     And workarounds should not be necessary. ..... even if they did bandaid this pitiful system.    

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@sherbet wrote:

Not Solved.....It plain doesn't work.   The concept is to keep you in all channels  all the time.  This change has made watching FIOS TV a Nightmare!     And workarounds should not be necessary. ..... even if they did bandaid this pitiful system.    

OK, then you are doing something wrong. What settings do you have for:

1) Menu ==> Settings ==> Favorite Channels ==> Favorites Button (I have mine set to Toggle Flip by Favorites)

2) Menu ==> Settings ==> Favorite Channels ==> Flip by Favorites (I have mine set to Favorites 1)

3) Menu ==> Settings ==> Television ==> Last Viewed Guide State (I have mine set to Disable, some people say this should be set to Enable, I do not agree)

Once set as above, you should be able to hit the Guide button and you will get either Full or Favorites 1 the first time. Hit the Favorites button once and it will change to the other, and the Guide will remain that way until you hit the Favorites button again to change it.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
thekman18
I have the same problem. No matter what settings I put on the guides all go back to ALL CHANNELS. I use the mini guide all the time and its very annoying that my favorites do no come up. Is there going to be a fix for this? And please don't tell me to change my settings. I wouldn't be here if I already didn't try it.
0 Likes
thekman18
Make sure under settings/television "last viewed guide state" is ENABLED. Then go to the guide, select favorites and it will always be on your favorites. Do this for all the guides. And I'm not even a verizon tech...ha.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@thekman18 wrote:
Make sure under settings/television "last viewed guide state" is ENABLED. Then go to the guide, select favorites and it will always be on your favorites. Do this for all the guides. And I'm not even a verizon tech...ha.

I hope you noticed that the thread you chose to post in was from Oct. 2011? That was with the 1.9 level of the IMG, not the new 1.9.1. With 1.9.1 Verizon for some reason reset several settings, including Mode and Last Viewed Guide State. Both of these must be set to Enabled for the Favorites list to stick.

There are multiple new threads here on the Forums about this issue with 1.9.1 that you could (should?) have found that contain the solution.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over nine years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes