FIOS 1 IN NYC
Sanjay2
Enthusiast - Level 3

SO FIOS 1 IS AVAILABLE IN BROOKLYN.... HOW COME QUEENS WHICH IS ALSO ON THE SAME ISLAND AS BROOKLYN DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO FIOS 1?

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP...

THANKS

0 Likes
Re: FIOS 1 IN NYC
steven113
Contributor - Level 3

put fios1 news in staten island, manhattan and brooklyn ty

mschauber
Enthusiast - Level 3

The notice FiOS sent out today says with the implementation of the newest IMG, the devices will auto tune to FiOS1.  Does that mean we are FINALLY getting it in NYC?  Only been waiting 6 years 😞

0 Likes
Sanjay2
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK I think I got my answer why FIOS 1 is not available in Queens, Manhattan and Staten Island...

Verizon signed an agreement with Time Warner Cable when it was selling the Verizon Wireless as a bundle not to carry Fios 1 in those areas as it will directly compete with Time Warner Cable NY 1 news....

So until that agreement is changed or expires which i dont know when.... Fios 1 will remain unavailable in the NYC area... The agreement does not cover other footprints of Time Warner Cable... Just the NYC area...

Fios 1 is available in Brooklyn because Verizon did not sign an agreement with Cablevision preventing that...

That is what I was told by VZ Representative...

Thanks....

0 Likes
mschauber
Enthusiast - Level 3

While I buy that explanation, in reality it makes no sense.  There's no human alive that would stick with TWC, by far the worst cable/internet provider in the country, just to keep NY1.  I'd take cox over twc, and in fact went with Verizon, the big red evil company, just to get away from twc, that's how awful they are.

If Verizon signed that agreement, they at least should have insisted that they carry NY1, also a really awful news channel, until they could put FiOS1 on the air.

The new IMG defaults to FiOS1 on power on.  Pretty stupid.  They should have changed that for the necessary zip codes.

PS: Thanks for getting and sharing that info.

0 Likes