FIOS AND CBS CHANNELS
Mbear71
Enthusiast - Level 1

DROP CBS AND I DROP FIOS - BACK TO COMCAST !!!

Re: FIOS AND CBS CHANNELS
jomar630
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree with Mbear.  Come to an agreement with the Harrisburg CBS/CW affiliate.  Comcast and other providers have done so.  Get it done, or bye-bye FIOS.

abbeys2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this is rediculous  i called cbs and they said all verizon has to do is flip a switch and we can watch cbs but verizon wants to make all its customers call them to complain.  verizon gets enough of my money and directv dish and all of the other cable companys have agreed so quit being so stingy  verizon and make a new contract also this is the worst time to do it during the playoffs im going out to buy an antenna today so i can watch the game

0 Likes
goodmank

Why do we need to buy an FM antenna? Can't we just use a coax cable connected to the RF input on the back of the TV? I'm trying to do that now but can't figure it out. I know it won't be in HD but I want to watch the game. Who cares about anything else on CBS!!

0 Likes
Poggy451
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon told us to send an email to Holly Steuart from CBS21 and I did.  This was her reply.  I don't think we are getting the full story from Verizon. 

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your email. I completely understand your frustrations. We never want to see our viewers lose our channels for any reason.

Here is the latest update on the negotiations.

As you know, we have not been able to come to an agreement with Verizon on a carriage deal for our stations. On January 14th, in an effort to stop any programming disruptions we communicated to Verizon our willingness to accept the 1st year terms of a proposal they had given us. This would have given Verizon the right to carry our stations immediately and for the balance of 2012. Verizon rejected this offer even though it was on their financial terms.

We have carriage deals with all other cable and satellite providers in the Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York market.

Please call Verizon at 1-800-837-4966 and express your views. It is our sincere hope to have this matter resolved immediately. We appreciate your viewership.

BY the way, if you have a newer television with a built-in digital converter, you may be easily able to view our stations over the air by attaching a small "bow-tie" antenna to the back of your set. We have information on how to do that on our website

www.cbs21.com. Many viewers we have helped with this report it is working well for them.

Meanwhile, we are working to resolve this issue and n negotiations continue.

Thanks again.

Holly Steuart
Vice President & General Manager
WHP CBS 21 and WLYH CW 15

tns
Master - Level 2

They reached an agreement yesterday. 

0 Likes