FIOS Channel Line-up and MSNBC
AzManatHrt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently switched from Cablevision to Fios, and was VERY dissappointed to find that MSNBC is not an available channel.  I see now from the website that there is a note saying,' MSNBC is not available in all areas of NY & NJ'.  Why not?  All I can get is a less than vague canned response from Online Chat saying 'they hope I enjoy my Fios experience'!  Is this a contractual dispute, or is it political censorship because they have a left leaning bias?  If thats the case, then Fox News should be removed in the interest of fairness.  Seriously, though, what is up with this?  I miss Keith Olberman and Chris Matthews, and reruns of Meet the Press.

Someone please let know if this in the works, a timeline. becuase I'd rather switch back to cable and not censored by the available feed.

Thank you,

AzManAtHrt

Re: FIOS Channel Line-up and MSNBC
Ramsey_User

I got my FiOS TV installed today, and I asked the installer that specific question about MSNBC ... take it with a grain of salt, because he is an installer not a customer service person, but he said that it is a contract thing, and that Verizon will carry MSNBC "soon" when the contract with Cablevision rolls over.

0 Likes
Homelizard
Enthusiast - Level 2
I think you are right, Ramsey. I live in Tampa and have had FiOS TV now for quite a while. We actually have MSNBC down here on our channel lineup. So I'm pretty sure it must be an initial contract issue. When they first rolled out the service to our area, we didn't have all the channels we have now. But as they were able to get contracts signed with different companies for our market area, we got new channels added every so often. Enjoy the great picture and be patient...I'm sure you will have MSNBC back soon!
0 Likes
JohnA
Enthusiast - Level 3
Cablevision somehow finagled an exclusive carriage agreement with MSNBC. Thus anywhere CV serves up cable, MSNBC will not be available till the contract expires. We've yet to hear  from Verizon, on just when that will be.
0 Likes
MarvKirsch
JohnA is exactly right.  Cablevision has an exclusive contract with MSNBC, I've been complaining about this for quite some time, and I can't get a straight answer as to when the contract is up.
0 Likes
greadad

I am also a new customer who is very aggrevated upon finding out that msnbc is not part of the lineup- really ridiculous!!  I was told by a supervisor that I should be able to find a link to watch it online - in real time - but I have yet to find any links - does anyone know where I can link to this

MIke W

0 Likes
bubbey
I'm in the NY area and find MSNBC on ch 103, it's not listed in the guide though
0 Likes