Fios On Demand - Why so long to post newly aired shows on HBO and other channels?
bcb12001

I am a new Fios TV customer having just switched my service from Comcast.

I have noticed that it seems to take Fios a long time to post new shows to various On Demand TV channels.  

For Example, I am a big fan of HBO programming including Entourage, True Blood, and Hung.   With Comcast, if a new episode aired on Sunday night, it was available on Comcast On Demand the following morning (early Monday AM.)    This was great as it meant I never had to waste DVR space recording the show if I couldn't watch it.

With Fios, I am noticing it takes DAYS and DAYS for these new episodes to post.  Why is that?   HBO says on their channel that "The program you are watching will be available on demand starting TOMORROW."     So why does it take Fios so long to post newly aired shows?

The same goes for Bravo, TLC, and other networks.  But HBO is the big one for me.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Fios On Demand - Why so long to post newly aired shows on HBO and other channels?
corupted01

I agree and am having the same issue. When I go to the HBO on demand folder many shows are not showing. I did however notice if I do a search I can find things that do not show up under the HBO folder. 

For instance, Entourage S8 Episode 1 which just aired on Sunday July 24th, 2011 does not show in the HBO folder in the vOD section, but if I search Entourage it come up. 

Please fix it!

0 Likes
Re: Fios On Demand - Why so long to post newly aired shows on HBO and other channels?
pichan

if it wasnt for the contract i would of gone back to cox. its all false advertisement, my internet takes forever to play videos and they blame it on google, but it didn't happen with cox.

0 Likes
JayeVerizon

Why does it take Fios soooo long to make shows available on demand?!?!?!?!?  Why does it take a week or more to simply make available shows like Fire Country?

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes