FIOS TV Favorites - Learnings and Questions
nova_family
Enthusiast - Level 1

We just got a FIOS bundle with phone, high-speed internet and TV (4 boxes) with the mult-room DVR.  So far, so good.  In reading through other forum posts I see that some are reluctant to use the "favorites" feature, as was I because I thought it would mean using a special, tiny favorites button.  However I was pleasantly surprised to learn that once you set up your favorites, you continue to use the nice large CH +/- button to move between just your favorite channels.  I think this is an excellent approach compared to the Cox Cable remote we used previously, where you used a "favorites" button to cycle through your favorites in one direction only.  Also, if you have more than one TV, the same list of favorites that you setup on one TV are available to you on any TV.  So the favorites I created from the TV in my office I can access on any of our TVs.

But I do have a question.  It appears that there are only two favorites lists possible.  Is that correct?  With four of us in the house (two adults and two kids) it would be nice for everyone to have a favorites list.  Also, can the favorites lists be renamed from Favorites 1 and 2?

By the way, regarding the mult-room DVR, it is unclear from Verizon's website whether you can setup a program to be recorded from any TV - you cannot.  You can watch a recording from any TV, but with mult-room DVR you must setup the programs to be recorded from the location with the DVR.  The saving grace here is that you can instead setup the programming from an internet browser, which is much easier than doing it through the remote anyway.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV Favorites - Learnings and Questions
Justin46
Legend

The short answers to your two questions are NO and NO.

There are only two favorites available at this time, I have no idea whether Verizon might choose to add more later, but I have the newest IMG level, 1.7, and it still has only two favorites lists. Certainly you are not the first to ask for more, all we can do is wait and see.

The names cannot be changed. Again, others have also asked for this, no change in the 1.7 level.

Just curious: when you set up your Favorites, did you use my article in the Exploiting FiOS TV Favorites thread in the FiOS TV Technical Assistance board? If so, do you have any suggestions for changes (correct errors, missed functions, neat tricks, etc),  I have not had much feedback indicating any needed changes, if there are some I would like to update it. Thanks.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes