Switch Account

FIOS TV

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

FIOS TV

Message 1 of 3
(5,591 Views)

I just got a HDTV. Have Comcast Standard Service at present; need HD Service. Am told I need a convertor box on each TV (7). Yet I have a friend who insists she has Verizon FIOS, has only one box, and is able to receive ordinary channels on her other TV"s.

Enlighten please. Thank you. ( area code 19026 )

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: FIOS TV

Message 2 of 3
(5,595 Views)
You need a box on every TV for Fios unless your friend has a newer TV with a QAM tuner. QAM tuners will pick up Fios local channels and a few others without a box, but very limited.
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: FIOS TV

Message 3 of 3
(5,573 Views)

On the tv's without a box, there is a chance you could only receive your local channels, but that is not garunteed. But to even receive the limited channels, your tv must have a QAM tuner. It narrows your channel line up from almost 400 digital channels, down to like channels 2-79... It's ideal to get the boxes.

They offer many different boxes, in most states the boxes cost as follows:

Digital Adapter: 3.99/mo Receive full on service all channels, but minimal features. (no guide or on demand)

Std Set Top Box: 5.99/mo (NY-5.99/mo) - Receive full on service and all features. (NOT HD compatable)

HD STB: 9.99/mo (NY-5.99/mo) - Receive full on service, all features. (HD and SD compatable)

HD DVR: 15.99/mo - Receive full on service, all features, and record, rewind, and pause live tv.

HD HM DVR: 19.99/mo - Receive full on service, all features, and record, rewind, and pause live tv. Access on multiple tv's.

Assuming you're not in NY, with 7 tv's you could get set up with all three services, for like 143.92 +tax & fees. That's the full package, extreme HD covering all 7 tv's. If you wanted the premium channels (hbo, cinemax, movies) it would be like 173.92 +tax & fees.

These prices are an estimate for the areas I know for sure the pricing. Your area may be slightly different. So contact your local office or customer service at 1-888-553-1555.

Message Edited by EVO_Unlimited on 06-05-2009 02:42 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------
Give Kudos to those who deserve.
"Any man can stand adversaty, but if you really want to test a mans character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.