FIOS on Demand - need to pay 2.99 to watch a network TV Show?
LisaVA62
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wondering if someone out there could help - getting mixed answers from Customer Service. I had FIOS about 6 months ago and was able to watch Network Shows on demand for free - Well not anymore??? (did on xfinity past 6 months) . I went to watch an ABC TV show that aired earlier in the week - didn't have service yet.  I have Ultimate HD - pretty high end package - and I in order to watch  - it said I had to pay 2.99? Yet when I go to ABC via the ios APP, I enter my username and password in for FIOS - and I can watch it for free. On and App - but not on the TV?? 

I can understand paying for a Flex View movie - but if I miss a show or can't DVR if 1 is recording and watching TV at same time - that I need to pay for on demand to watch Network (ABC/CBS/FOX.NBC/CW) show. 

I apprecite any help - list of shows I need to pay for (Customer support said - you have to pay for ABC ... didn't know other channels) Yet Tech Support looked at the ABC show and said they saw the "Watch now" button vs the Pay 2.99 

I appreciate any help / information/list of channels that are free and are not and again - am I crazy to think I need to  pay for Ultimate and then need to pay 2.99 to watch an hour Network show 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS on Demand - need to pay 2.99 to watch a network TV Show?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

For STB's,  You need to make sure you find the NETWORK version of the channel.  It is still free although some programs are never carried, and some take a bit of time before the latest show appears  I usually go in by VOD/Free & Premium/TV SHows/by network.  Searching loves to show you the PPV/purchase versions.

For smart devices you need to see what your local or national carries via their own apps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

For STB's,  You need to make sure you find the NETWORK version of the channel.  It is still free although some programs are never carried, and some take a bit of time before the latest show appears  I usually go in by VOD/Free & Premium/TV SHows/by network.  Searching loves to show you the PPV/purchase versions.

For smart devices you need to see what your local or national carries via their own apps.

0 Likes
LisaVA62
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks - I did follow that path - and was able to see shows with out paying - and you are right - if I go to on demand and search I get the flexview and wants me to pay ... sort of odd - but happy as I have a way to not pay - well technically I hope it is seen as watch what I am already paying for. This is the one thing that was sort of annoying - I do think there are a number of features/capabilities/UI - better than comcast.

Thanks again

0 Likes