FOX on demand subtitle problem
JohnnyS2

Hey everyone, is it just me or do subtitles not appear correctly on FOX on demand (and FX on demand) as well? Sometimes, it's weird purple lettering on the black background and sometimes it's just a solid black background with no lettering. None of the other on demand channels have this problem. Very strange that it's only FOX (and it seems that I can now FF through the commercials so I was looking forward to watching some more shows but I do like to have the CC on).

0 Likes
Re: FOX on demand subtitle problem
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Could you please provide some specific examples so we can check here? Thanks.

0 Likes
JohnnyS2

Hey anthony, I'll do you one better and give you photos:

The first one is how it should look: this is from ABC on demand.

The second one is from FOX on demand (notice the lack of white lettering)

I did just check Justified on FX on demand and it actually looks fine now, but FOX on demand still has the problem. The settings are the same in both screenshots (CC1, as it's always been).

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I can't see the picture. They are not showing up correctly. All I see is a triangle in a box. I appreciate the pictures, but I need the specific show you are watching so I can try to replicate the issue.

0 Likes
JohnnyS2

Anthony,

The first pic (with the way the subtitles should look) was from Missing on ABC on demand.

The second pic (with the all black bar with no subtitles) was from The Simpsons on FOX on demand.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Is your problem still happening? I just connected to the NY feed and viewed all of the Simpson VOD titles (HD and standard) and the subtitles are showing appropriately. If you are still having trouble, you will need to check the subtitle preferences in your box. You can get there by going to MENU > SETTINGS > ACCESSIBILITY > SUBTITLES. Check the font color here to see if its customized or set to auto. If its set to auto and its still happening, try changing the font color to white.

0 Likes
JohnnyS2

Hey Anthony, I changed around some settings and even though it doesn't look as good as the other On Demand channels, it's mangeable. However, now I'm noticing with FX on demand that the subtitles are off to the extreme right, not centered like they should be. Could you check that out for me? Thanks.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Which FX show and episode number has the titles on the extreme right? Please check other FX on demand titles as well to see if they do they same thing and then post which ones you tried.

0 Likes
JohnnyS2

Anthony, this seems to be happening on all available Archer and Justified episodes. Movies don't exhibit this problem. Auto-correcting the STB's seemed to move the subttiles over a little bit, but they are still not centered.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I looked and they are not centered for that show. They are off to the side. Are you able to fully read the captions?

0 Likes