Favorites fiasco
LAJoe

Am I the only one outraged by what Verizon has done to FIOS favorites?  As in the past, you create your favorites menu(s).  However, after hitting the favorites key on the remote, you are taken to a guide with very short and general descriptions of programs. In order to actually see what is being televised on a channel, you have to hit "Enter".  At that point you are back in "All programs."  Don't like what is on the station?  Forget about the + and - key to surf your favorites.  You have to hit the favorites button again, look at the brief descriptions, and take another chance.  Back and forth, back and forth.  Try doing that in the dark.  Even in daylight, it is a cumbersome and extremely user unfriendly modification to what was a wonderfully efficient system.  I would like to think that I am not the only person outraged by this ridiculous change.  If not corrected, I'll be heading back to Dish or Direct TV.

0 Likes
Re: Favorites fiasco REVISITED
LAJoe

The issue is not the software but the lack of training of Verizon techs.  The Favorites menus can be used as in the past, but it requires several steps to get it working.  None of the 3 techs with whom I spoke had a clue.

0 Likes
leslie111
Enthusiast - Level 2

And the three steps are????

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@leslie11 wrote:

And the three steps are????

In Menu ==> Settings ==> Favorite Channels

1) Set up one or two Favorites lists.

2) Set the Favorites Button setting the way you want it.

3) Set Flip by Favorites the way you want it.

This is identical to the way it was in the prior level (1.8).

When my DVR was upgraded from 1.8 to 1.9A I did not have to do anything related to Favorites, my existing settings were preserved and have continued to work as before.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes