Favorites
cargocul
Enthusiast - Level 1

Iwould like to see only my FAVORITES chanel come on when turning the TV on.  Going to the GUIDE, then selecting FAVORITES, then paging up to FAVORITES 1 then enter - it seems like a roundabout way to see only the channels I have selected.  Any way to do this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Favorites
Justin46
Legend

Easy. Go into the Menu and under Favorite Channels set:

1) Favorites Button ==> Toggle Flip by Favorites

2) Flip by Favorites ==> Favorites 1 (or Favorites 2 if that is the list you want to default to)

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

Easy. Go into the Menu and under Favorite Channels set:

1) Favorites Button ==> Toggle Flip by Favorites

2) Flip by Favorites ==> Favorites 1 (or Favorites 2 if that is the list you want to default to)

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

cargocul
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey - thanks, Justin.  Knew there had to be an easier way!  Just got Verizon/FiOS, so not very well informed.  May be posting again!  Hope you'll still be available!!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@cargocul wrote:

Hey - thanks, Justin.  Knew there had to be an easier way!  Just got Verizon/FiOS, so not very well informed.  May be posting again!  Hope you'll still be available!!

Welcome to FiOS, and welcome to the Forums. Yes I am around pretty regularly, I am an 8 year veteran with FiOS TV, Internet, and phone. But I have just recently upgraded to Verizon's new Video Media Server (VMS), which while very similar in many respects to the existing TV boxes and services, is also different in some respects, and since I pretty much always want to actually do something before I respond telling someone else how to do it, I may be limited now.

One thing that might help; several years ago i wrote a fairly detailed document on setting up and using FiOS TV. While the document has not been updated to reflect the most current software release, much of the settings and functions I describe there are unchanged, so maybe you can find some useful information there.

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/attachments/vrzn/IMG19/1989/2/FiOS%20TV%20IMG%20Getting%20Started_201...

I hope maybe the document will help some.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
cargocul
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey Justin - I think I spoke too soon.  It didn't work.  Both Toggle flip and Flip by channels are ticked off in green - but it still shows ALL programs on turning the TV on!?!  Don't know why it isn't working.... Cargocul

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@cargocul wrote:

Hey Justin - I think I spoke too soon.  It didn't work.  Both Toggle flip and Flip by channels are ticked off in green - but it still shows ALL programs on turning the TV on!?!  Don't know why it isn't working.... Cargocul

I forgot, there is one more setting required: Last Viewed Guide State ==> Enable

Since I no longer have the same hardware you do, I cannot tell you for sure where that setting is located, but on my Video Media Server it is located at

Menu ==> Settings ==> System ==> Television ==> Last Viewed Guide State == Enable

Sorry......

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes