FiOS TV recording options
glenda_lee_s
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok I'm addicted to the DVR, because sometimes I would like to record more than 2 channels at once.  So each day I check recording schedule and discovered one of the shows has a conflict and will not record.  It took me forever to notice that the conflict was show starting earliest 7pm for 2 hours, was actually over at 9:01pm,. and at 9pm I had two channels set up....therefore due to that 1 extra minute at the end of earlier show...It looks like I'm trying to record three channels.  This is got to be a conspiracy for sure!  If not for Bravo repeating 1st runs right after other, or a couple hours later repeating the newest episode...I'd be in a quandry of what to watch, and what to record. Recording Series with options when I discovered this, was woo hoo, I can quit getting a gazillion of same show with 1st runs only option....but, there's an option to record 5 10 15 something past the ending time of show, wich is great when a ball game runs over....but it gets real confusing if game ran over, and you have a 2nd or 3rd show set up on same channel, shouldn't there be a record so many minutes earlier than original start time for these???  heck I know what I'm trying to say, but confusing me now.    And yes, I finally discovered free On Demand, love this also, for those shows I just couldn't record, and not high on priority list, but a show I really like on CBS, is one I chose to skip, and find later on On Demand...well dang ..of all the shows Criminal Minds is not On Demand.  We have HUGE (ugh) HD tv, this is where the DVR stb is, I set up all my recordings non HD, to watch elsewhere, so hubby can watch PGA, NASCAR, NFL, NCAA on big screen...well before he can do that...I have to cancel and rearrange recordings so he is able to (i've usually have 2 at same time, during peak show times and days)...I think I've been told only one DVR in the house?  Also, when watching recording on another tv, the 'jump forward' usually freezes the frame..and to ff x 4 is very hesitant....just reacts differently when on another tv. 

I think I have a question in here...no biggies or huge concerns...just shows I'm a junkie with my recordings and DVR...addicted, wish I could view schedule on other set, so I could be a closet DVR'r...It's bad...got check schedule before leaving in case Dancing with the Stars is pulling that 901pm, which messing with Harry's Law and Top Chef...now now!!  ABC doing that on purpose...!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS TV recording options
Eric_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi thanks for choosing Verizon FiOS.  You can have more than one DVR in the house which might help with some of the scheduling conflicts.   As far as the trick features on the non DVR boxes it does have some lag time between the commands, due to them having to send the command back to the DVR box.  Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Eric_VZ

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

View solution in original post

Eric_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi thanks for choosing Verizon FiOS.  You can have more than one DVR in the house which might help with some of the scheduling conflicts.   As far as the trick features on the non DVR boxes it does have some lag time between the commands, due to them having to send the command back to the DVR box.  Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Eric_VZ

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

glenda_lee_s
Enthusiast - Level 3

no sir, answered just what i needed to know...2 DVR's.....good deal.

Thank you kindly for the information.

Glenda

0 Likes
bluesman2211
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a multi-room DVR ... The TV commercial states "you can record two programs while watching a 3rdc one ". However  in my case, when the two programs get ready to record and I am watching a 3rd program.... I get a warning asking me which one to cancel

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Watching a third PREVIOUSLY recorded program.

0 Likes
a98durango

When is verizon going to have "The Hopper" type of dvr?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes