FioS Remote DVR registration problem for swapped QIP7232-P2 (500gb DVR)
PlatypusMan1

Hi,

I just swapped out my older MR-DVR (QIP6416) for the new 500GB DVR (QIP7232-P2).  So far, so good.  The only problem is that when I go to register my phone for the Blackberry Remote DVR App., it's still associated with the old box (which is already back at Verizon).  I get this error when I try it from My Verizon, and similar one when I try from the STB itself:

"The mobile number is already registered to another Set-top box."

Any tricks for a user to fix this himself, or does it require someone in Tech Support to "unlink" the cell # from the old box?  (And, is that affected by the VZ strike?)

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: FioS Remote DVR registration problem for swapped QIP7232-P2 (500gb DVR)
PlatypusMan1

>> So far, so good. 

I have to update that.  Since Fri. this box has been *horrible*. 

1. It's been randomly shutting off while watching (semi-rebooting? -- takes a min. before it can be turned back on). 

2. Live TV freeze/rewind capability cutting in/out. 

3. Programmed recordings don't get fully recorded.  Sometimes, there are 2-3 versions of the program recorded of 0-30min. segments (some "0 sec")

4. Now DVR shows as 14% used, but NO recorded shows in the listing (14% is roughly correct for what we had actually recorded)

Consequently, the registering the Remote DVR app is the least of my problems.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

When the old box gets wiped clean it should remove the linking to your cell phone. Are you able to register the Blackberry now?

1. It's been randomly shutting off while watching (semi-rebooting? -- takes a min. before it can be turned back on). 

The box is designed to reboot when hitting a high temperature to protect the circuitry. Please make sure theres 2 inches of space on the top and sides to ensure adequate air flow

2. Live TV freeze/rewind capability cutting in/out. 

3. Programmed recordings don't get fully recorded.  Sometimes, there are 2-3 versions of the program recorded of 0-30min. segments (some "0 sec")

Both of these are relate to signal issues. Please reseat the coax cord from both ends (wall connection and box connection)

4. Now DVR shows as 14% used, but NO recorded shows in the listing (14% is roughly correct for what we had actually recorded)

The memory reference pointer thats pointing to the first empty slot is not lined up correctly. To fix this, simply unlpug power cord and plug back in (either from wall or back of DVR, whichever is easiest to reach)

If you continue to have problems with your box, please send me a private message so I can get your reply directly.

0 Likes
tofudrifter

I am having the same error as well. The previous swapped bad box is a DVR box but it had a program guide and menu with non-dvr features. So after weeks of trouble shooting, verizon sent me a new box but now i get this error when trying to register

"The mobile number is already registered to another Set-top box." I still have the old box. any thoughts before i return/mail it back?

0 Likes
rgould34

I was having problems with my STB shutting down and rebooting until I raised the box off the surface it's on. I cut a couple of strips of wood to size and put them under the edges to keep it about an inch higher. It solved the problem. I also think I wouldn't put it inside a cabinet. It needs to stay somewhat cool.

I do have a problem trying to get rid of the old STR that I replaced.  It keeps showing up with no way to remove it.  Anyone know what to do  to remove the old box?

Thanks

0 Likes