FioS TV in League City, TX ?!?!
NAVYBOY

I don't know where else to complain...

I have been for 2 years begging Verizon to get FioS TV in League City, Texas.  Each time I call you tell me it's coming.  I even had a guy tell me you were building the central office to handle it a long time ago.

You came and installed my Fios internet ... but no TV since it isn't available.

What you do instead of getting the **bleep** service connected is send me flyers of how much money I can save if I bundle  my Internet, and TV...  {word filter avoidance}

I left Comcast for this empty promise... don't make me rip my fiber out because you have failed to meet your end of the bargain.  

Here's how to fix this:

1) COMMUNICATE - Tell the freaking people who signed up to be notified, what the hell is going on?  Are you waiting on FCC approval? Permits?  If you tell us what is going on... maybe we can tell our representatives in local and federal gov't to move their ass.

2) DISCOUNT -  your plans for those who CAN'T Bundle - Those of us who would like to save money but can't are being charged a premium to stay loyal to you while you get your crap working.... this is wrong...

3) STOP MARKETING - stop sending me crap to get Fios TV when I CAN'T GET THE FREAKING FIOS TV SERVICE!.  Tell your marketing department to stop spending money.  It is even sad if you search in google for "Fios TV in League City" and you get hits like "Bundle Verizon service with FiOS TV, and save big in League City (TX)"  ... #@$@% YOU!

Fix this quick... and don't forget to call me with what is going on.  I'll take charge of communicating it to my neighborhood since you can't.

0 Likes
Re: FioS TV in League City, TX ?!?!
jas1999

We moved to League City back in November.  I talked to the tech who installed my fiber.  He said verizon didn't want to expend the capital to expand down here.  He said that it would involve having to put in a whole new hub just for the TV.  Even though it's a long term goal of verizon to provide everyone with the complete FIOS line he said that at the current time it was just too much for Verizon to start on in our area.  I used to live in Webster and it took Verizon forever just to get DSL in there.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

To your point of notifying the people that are waiting.

If they are negotiating with the city, county, or FCC for permission to carry tv in that area (I dont know if they are are not), in many cases they are not allowed to discuss it. In many cases where negotiations are going on, many times there will be a "gag" order in place where they are not allowed to publicly discuss or announce the talks.

That is the way it was where I live. We came to find out afterward that Verizon had been negotiating with my city for almost two years. Now we got lucky and our govenor allowed Verizon to go state wide so they no longer had to negotiate with individual cities. But not all areas are lucky enough for that. I think only CA and NJ gave statewide permission and Verizon has to negotiate city by city in the other states.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@spacedebris wrote:
But not all areas are lucky enough for that. I think only CA and NJ gave statewide permission and Verizon has to negotiate city by city in the other states.

Originally Texas was that way, but we have statewide franchise approval now.

I suspect the problem is more just that Verizon has scaled back the installations in areas not currently served to increase the penetration of those areas that they already serve, in order to increase the revenue without increasing their costs. Hopefully when the economy improves, if it ever does, they will resume adding new service.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
fly172girl

I too live in League City and I too was told that FioS TV was coming shortly. I guess what confuses me is that I thought, with things like FioS and UVerse, both the TV and internet came through the same fiber cables. So, if the cables are already laid, what is the hold up? Understanding there are ALOT of bureaucratic hoops that must be jumped through, but considering the only options in League City are Crap-cast and the dish services, I would have guessed Verizon would be all over this! Especially when ATT UVerse is available just up the street.

0 Likes
fly172girl

I'm bumping this back up to see if there is any new status on this. I too am more than a little flustered that I was told FioS TV would be coming shortly and I still haven't see anything on it. I would love to be able to bundle my $63 a month internet, especially in this economy! But I can't so I really feel betrayed. What's worse is having to watch the commercials for UVerse, KNOWING the only reason my neighbors down the street from me have that and I don't is becuase of empty promises by Verizion. Can someone please help clarify why we can't get TV service and save our wallets a little?

0 Likes
TuscanLakesFiOS

I live in Tuscan Lakes (in League City, Texas), and I have the same complaint...

I get a monthly flier in the mail about a FiOS bundle with TV/Internet/Phone,  but we can't even get the FiOS TV in our area!!!!!

I've called Verizon several times about this, and I get the same response:  "Well take your email address and let you know when it is available."  I've been getting that same canned response for 2 years.

I had FiOS Internet, but I called and cancelled it because I got frustrated about the whole FiOS TV thing.  When they asked why I was cancelling, I told them that I would sign-up again whenever they got around to rolling out the FiOS TV in my area.

I've talked to a bunch of my neighbors, and everyone is VERY interested in FiOS TV.... as it is now, we only have 2 choices:  Comcast/Xfinity or Satellite. 

I'm thinking we are going to have to start an online petition....  or  a Facebook page, in order to get the attention of Verizon.

I know a bunch of people who would happily sign up for FiOS TV....  to bad Verizon has dropped the ball on this so far 😞

0 Likes
TuscanLakesFiOS
0 Likes
Joshshenkir

Anyone have an update on this topic?

0 Likes