Fios 1
Scorpio12
Mad as hell why do fios 1 cater to Long Island when FiOS have subscribers in the 5 boroughs of nyc as well. The train and bus info about delays or scheduling for nyc is not given. There's no info about parking rules. Not much info on the traffic in nyc. not much news about nyc and when news is given it super brief. The weather on fios 1 is catered to long island. I have a problem with that. It's just those little things you watch in the morning that help you with your day. I don't know if others are paying attention to that but I'm a paying fios customer from NYC not long Island. So why do I have a news station catered to L.I. other providers provided news and info for all areas according to there subscribers. Besides I'm sure L.I customers who work or travel to NYC would appreciate knowing about what happening in NYC also.
0 Likes
Re: Fios 1
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your lucky to have FIOS1 at all.  Its only available for a few areas.   They did decide to develop one for LI to compete with the cable companies.

There were a number of NYC people complaining that they couldn't see the LI FIOS1 and so it was added.

0 Likes
Scorpio12
Well they can keep it. Fios in my opinion is not better than cable. There's a lot they can improve on. I'm a new subscriber and I am not to happy with fios. Not sure if I will recommend fios to others.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What other issues are you unhappy with?

Channel content will vary by provider and area.

0 Likes
Scorpio12
Aside from the fact that fios 1 is about L.I. the dvr is complicated to program if the program you are trying to set is not on at the time. I always have dvr conflict. I have yet to find an auto tune setting that allow your box to automatically tune in to a selected program at a particular day and time. If two of my tv's are on the same channel there's a delay that prevent you from enjoying the program because as I watch in one room I already know what is about to happen because I already heard what is going to happen from the other tv and my caller ID pops up on the screen 5 mins after the phone stop ringing or not at all. I already contacted customer service about this matter. Sad part is that I was not able to see all of these issues before the 30 guarantee was up so now I'm stuck with the service otherwise I will have to pay a cancellation fee.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure of the issue with programming DVR.

You use the guide to find the program you want to record.

Ht the record button.

If you hit it again, you can schedule it as a series.

If you are having DVR conflict, that means you are trying to record more programs than you have tuners available.

What DVR do you have?

Yes, others have commented ont he delay. I have found it to be a second or less. Annpying if you can hear both TVs, but not a big issue to go from room to room IMHO.

You can set STB to change to a specific channel similar to recording. Use guide to go to specific show.

Hit OK button.

Go down to Set Reminder.

Hit OK.

Will ask if you want this box or all boxes.

Unfortunately there is not a way to schedule for a specific show daily.

Have to do them one at a time.

For caller id, have you tried rebooting router and STB? Sometimes that helps.

0 Likes