Fios TV Favorites
tjpc56
Enthusiast - Level 3

It would be great if Verizon would have a default option to choose how your tv displays the guide.

I want my favorites to be my default choice when viewing my guide. I chose "My Favorites" and do not want to view the non- chosen channels or be forced to switch back and forth!

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV Favorites
speedo123
Contributor - Level 1

Not quite sure what the problem is that you're having.  The FIOS remote does have a Favorites Channel button on it to do what it appears you're asking for. It's a blue button with a white heart on it.  After setting up you favorites through the Menu, you push it instead of the Guide button.  Not as convenient as changing the Guide button to display your favorites as you can with TiVo/DirecTV, but it does work.  What's not good about it is that you can't input a channel to go to as you can do with the regular Guide button and with Tivo/DirecTV's favorites button.  Thus, if you're on Channel 4 and want to see what's on Channel 161, you have to use the Page Up/Down button and the Channel Up/Down button to get there (description will probably be incomplete, wrong or missing anyway!), which can be pretty time-consuming.

FIOS' TV and DVR interface need a lot of work!

{punctuation edited for clarity at member request}

Message Edited by CharlotteS on 08-22-2008 04:16 PM
0 Likes