Re: Fox Soccer in HD
Tideman

Good luck getting ANY information about new channels from anyone at FiOS. They guard them like state secrets and then whenever one is added it generally just appears, usually without any fanfare.

The closest you get are comments like this today from the FiOS Twitter guy "our policy is to not pre-announce (we announce upon availability) - there will be news the day it is available & not before." He is getting inundated with requests for FSC HD as well so they have to know there is a demand for it.

0 Likes
julesism
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just keep giving feedback to the tweets. I've had service from DirecTV, Dish, TWC, and ATT U-Verse over the years and I recall getting word in advance as to when channels were being added, esp. with Dish and TWC. Some may not have been official but they were from reliable sources and were on the money. I do not understand VZ's logic to keeping us in the dark. It just makes it more frustrating.

0 Likes
wes0727

The only explanation is the fact that they can't add anymore HD feeds for at least another 1 or 2 years, without removing current channels.  I've said it before, if your contract is up or about to be move on to Direct TV.  They will be leading in HD content, 3d content, and overall customer satisfaction for the next 2 years thanks to their newly launched satellite.

I just kept my Fios internet, and cellphone service.  Cancelled Fios TV, and moved on to Direct TV.  Gol TV HD is about to launch in the next 24 hours, and FSC HD & + are coming next week just in time for the start of the season.  Verizon is acting as if there are no other options for us out there... not only are there other options, but they definitely better.

0 Likes
Millertime3

This will be my first and last post on this forum.  The lack of communication regarding this topic from Verizon is sickening.  I have never had a dish and really didn't want to go there, but Verizon has forced my hand.  Goodbye Verizon. 

0 Likes
wes0727

They are underestimating the amount of people who love the EPL and other soccer leagues here in the US.  It's an outrage how their twitter guy prefers to discuss widgets, and tablets instead of addressing this issue.

GOLTV HD launches today on Direct TV.  I'm really glad I switched, and hope more people will do the same.  No company should treat their customers like this...

0 Likes
nlk10010
Enthusiast - Level 2

@wes0727 wrote:

The only explanation is the fact that they can't add anymore HD feeds for at least another 1 or 2 years, without removing current channels.  I've said it before, if your contract is up or about to be move on to Direct TV.  They will be leading in HD content, 3d content, and overall customer satisfaction for the next 2 years thanks to their newly launched satellite.

I just kept my Fios internet, and cellphone service.  Cancelled Fios TV, and moved on to Direct TV.  Gol TV HD is about to launch in the next 24 hours, and FSC HD & + are coming next week just in time for the start of the season.  Verizon is acting as if there are no other options for us out there... not only are there other options, but they definitely better.

I think that makes the most sense, in any case that is what most of us are going to infer from their (Verizon's) unwillingness to comment; i.e. no more new HD channels for a while.

Apparently Verizon felt that the idea of a FIOS service, state-of-the-art with uncompressed HD and all these widgets was enough to start a stampede of new customers rushing to subscribe. What they neglected to realize was that technical superiority goes only so far, at some point people are going to actually prefer receiving more channels, even if they are of slightly lower quality, to being able to brag to their neighbors about how state-of-the-art FIOS is.

Now that initial contracts are up Verizon may actually see a stampede away from their service.

0 Likes
wes0727

Goltv HD is live on Direct TV.  Can't wait to get home and see it for myself!!

0 Likes
eliwide

Do you work for DirectTV or something? I think people get it... they have it in HD...

I cannot believe VZ says that they cannot release anymore HD channels without removing anything... if they are that short on bandwidth they should start to purge all the junk that no one watches...

0 Likes
wes0727

No, I don't work for them.  I actually always tried to stay away from satellite providers... weather issues, and what not... but, I think it's good to show Verizon how they are falling behind the pack...

BTW,  the hd picture on GOLTV is better than I expected.  So far it's been worth switching.  FSC HD is coming next week, let's go GUNNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
MjKnight19

What is the status of adding Fox Soccer in HD and Fox Soccer Plus in HD.  DirectTV and Dish are now carrying it, why doesn't FIOS?

0 Likes