Re: Fox Soccer in HD
Rhodyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had D* but won't go back due to outages. I can get Cox but it doesn't compare to Fios so I won't go that route either. I want FSC-HD badly but I won't switch to an inferior service in order to get it. According to the twitter guy @ FIOSTV, FSC-HD is a done deal but as usual, no timeline..

I'm not sure why Vz. is so secretive when compared to the other carriers..

0 Likes
Ian81
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, I mean, sometimes in august would be fine for me, just to know that its coming.... I didn't see that on twitter, unless you are referencing the its coming, and that is nice but gives no information what so ever as you pointed out!

0 Likes
djcandle

What exactly is Verizon doing to get these channels?  I first went with FIOS because they offered Setant Sports before anyone, but with the start of the English Premier League days away, the channels I need aren't available, and is making me think twice about canceling this service.  

If you can hear this, we football fans need Fox Soccer Channel HD, and GolTV HD ASAP!!

THE TIME IS NOW. 

0 Likes
coalsylv

Time Warner Cable (NYC) just launched FSC-HD yesterday, channel 485. The Gol TV-HD is in the line-up already on 469, not available yet, but latest on Sept. 1. Glad I switched to Time Warner last week. My suspicion is , that additional FSC HD might be another $14.99 a month with Verizon, that's what they charge for FSCPlus (SD!!!), that offers less soccer in general as this is also channel for rugby fans. I am sorry, but to charge $14.99 for a single channel, that is almost unwatchable is just to offensive.

0 Likes
Ian81
Enthusiast - Level 2

On Twitter the guy has said twice its coming, unfortunately there is no time frame, which is so frustrating! I very much doubt FSC HD will be $14.99 on its own, but maybe they will package it in with FSC+ for $14.99 or maybe a few dollars more, I would certainly be fine with it being included in the $14.99 FSC+ package since I get that channel anyway, although I would also like that in HD. I wish someone could give us more information, its really annoying.

0 Likes
julesism
Enthusiast - Level 3

well this sucks... the opener on ESPN2HD was brilliant. It's tough watching the Villa v West Ham match on FSC-SD.

0 Likes
Rhodyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's crazy that the new season is here and we still don't have FSC-HD!! This discussion started in the early Spring if memory serves!  How is it that D* has it, Dish, and Cox (and probably more) and Vz. doesn't?!?

Verizon really let down A LOT of its customers Smiley Mad

0 Likes
Darn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

so what is channel 1522, is that not fsc hd?? or is that just regular fsc

0 Likes
CLyttle
Enthusiast - Level 2

1522 says its a HD channel but it is in SD, annoying really that when I put the programming on HD only that 1522 is on the list, but its SD lol, Fios really what are you guys doing, you call yourself the best - but don't even offer thee best Smiley Mad

0 Likes
Darn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

yeah my mistake i was browsing the tv listings last night on verizons website and found channel 1522( i usually use 84) and it said those games would be in hd so i assumed that was fschd. When i watched it today i found out it was not. So why does fcd(sd) have two channels? I to am **bleep** that fios does not have this channel. i assumed that  they'd get a deal settled b4 the start of the season. C'mon verizon get with the times doesn't, dish, directv, time warner, and comcast(??) all carry this channel now. Fios, love the internet(dns servers suck tho thank god for google dns), hate the online gaming pings, hate the fact there is no fschd. I might be switching once my contract is up.

0 Likes