Re: Fox Soccer in HD
chain1

Yeah, this is crazy.  Fios is supposed to be the most technologically sofisticated provider out there. 

It seems like channel 584 (which is available) is being  held for FSC  though so who knows.

Speed SD is 83 and Speed HD is 583 so it would make sense that FSC SD would be 84 and FSC HD would be 584.

We'll see I guess.  As much as I love soccer, it is simply it is simply unwatchable on the SD channels.

0 Likes
Ian81
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is true the picture quality is so bad, last season I subscribed to FSC+, this season there is no chance I am paying $14.99 for an SD picture. Instead I have signed up to foxsoccer.tv (they can have my money instead), because they have all the games online that FSC+ have, plus every other 3pm (10 am ET) that isn't on either ESPN or FSC live. I will go back to giving Fios my $15 when FSC+ is HD. Obviously we also need FSC in HD, its ridiculous. One tweet said they were building the additional capacity, which is interesting because I thought they said before there was no limit to channels they can carry! **bleep** is what I say!

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

It is a shame that Verizon is not receiving a better SD feed. Even if not in HD yet. You know the saying garbage in garbage out.

0 Likes
Ian81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, I am not sure whose fault it is, it actually looked better before it had HD in the corner, because its basically compressing a HD feed which is making the lines etc look very jagged.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Ian81 wrote:

Yeah, I am not sure whose fault it is, it actually looked better before it had HD in the corner, because its basically compressing a HD feed which is making the lines etc look very jagged.

Verizon retransmits what is given to them. Since it is available in HD, I am sure the quality of the SD is not a high priority for the provider.

0 Likes
RossDavid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe we need to organize a petition because neither Comcast nor Verizon carry FSC-HD in my area and I do not want to switch to a dish because I like to watch TV when it rains.  The lack of FSC-HD is **bleep**.  What the ---- is taking so ---- long????  At least Comcast Sports Net Mid Atlantic (ch. 576 in my area) carries one Champions League game per week in HD.  I thought Verizon was the leader in HD.  So much for that.  I lobbied FSC for years to broadcast in HD never thinking my provider would not pick it up.  Hell, I have the Weather Channel in HD, which seems excessive to me.  Do I really need hi def to see the weather forecast?

prisaz
Legend

@RossDavid wrote:

Maybe we need to organize a petition because neither Comcast nor Verizon carry FSC-HD in my area and I do not want to switch to a dish because I like to watch TV when it rains.  The lack of FSC-HD is **bleep**.  What the ---- is taking so ---- long????  At least Comcast Sports Net Mid Atlantic (ch. 576 in my area) carries one Champions League game per week in HD.  I thought Verizon was the leader in HD.  So much for that.  I lobbied FSC for years to broadcast in HD never thinking my provider would not pick it up.  Hell, I have the Weather Channel in HD, which seems excessive to me.  Do I really need hi def to see the weather forecast?

How do you expect to see those rain drops? I am sorry but had to ask. I agree with you. It has to be offered at some point.

0 Likes
Fox Soccer Channel HD
springfieldelco

Any information on when/if Fox Soccer Channel in HD is coming to FIOS?? Thank you.

0 Likes
Fox Soccer Channel (FSC) in HD on Verizon Fios
nmlow321

Can we get a definitive date on when Verizon will offer Fox Soccer Channel in HD? A straight-forward answer will do just fine (i.e. Is verizon pursuing adding FSC in HD to their lineup, or not). 

Also I would encourage everyone who desires to see EPL, Serie A, and UCL games in high definition to please add a comment below. Verizon needs to know how much interest there is in something like this. Include in your response whether or not you would be willing to pay extra for FSC in HD.

I, for one, would absolutely be willing to pay more. It's the only channel I really care about. Verizon carries channels for tennis and golf in HD, and I think it would be safe to say that neither of those sports have nearly as much room for growth as soccer does in the US market. They also don't have the same level of programming (i.e. major golf and soccer tournaments are shown on major networks. Major soccer games and tournaments are shown on FSC!). 

Thanks to everyone who participates and thanks to Fios for making every effort to make this happen. 

0 Likes
Re: Fox Soccer Channel (FSC) in HD on Verizon Fios
CapnCrunch
Contributor - Level 2

They already have it.  At least in my area

Check here:

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/ChannelLineup/ChannelLineup.htm

0 Likes