Re: Fox Soccer in HD
Hellstorm1
Contributor - Level 1

@Darn wrote:

Heres to watching UCL tomorrow in flickery SD. I hope no-one here has epilepsy. CHEERS!!! and GOOD JOB VERIZON KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

"Flickery SD"? Sounds like your TV is broken.

0 Likes
Re: Fox Soccer in HD please! please
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@Darn wrote:

@soccerfan12 wrote:

I get so upset everytime my co-workers from Rhode Island talk about Cox cable and getting Fox Soccer in HD.

PLEASE

PLEASE

PLEASE

I pay so much for HD cable. and my favorite channel isn't even in HD

PLEASE PLEASE

FOX SOCCER IN HD!!!!

Channel 584 is open for it!

talked to the fiostv twitter and he said they need to upgrade their lasers b4 they add more hd. So this thread is basically pointless, they dont care about us they just dump every post people make into this thread so it doesnt look as bad. I bet they are **bleep**ting their pants now while every other provider is passing them up. Who know's though maybe in a couple years when they have upgraded all their lasers they'll cut the prices to try and recoup all the subscribers they lost 🙂 If your contract ends soon, id get out.

Well in a way, your quite correct. You do realize that this is a peer-to-peer forum and there is no "official" Verizon presence dont you? While there are a few Verizon employee's that visit and try to help, Verizon doesn't monitor these boards. All the requests here are just to make you happy and make you think you are accomplishing something. But in reality, anything posted here does not get to Verizons attention. Now its not completely pointless, it does get to some employee's attention and it does give the empoyee's a place they can point to when they make recommendations or requests to their supervisors. But the only Verizon people that this board reaches, are not the ones that make the decisions. The people that make the descisions, do not visit or monitor these boards.

0 Likes
Re: Fox Soccer in HD please! please
jco88

i hear your pain! It sucks for a such a big company and charging so much for Extreme HD and we can't get FoxSoccer HD. We get all other sports other than soccer. What's up with that.

0 Likes
Darn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Hellstorm wrote:

@Darn wrote:

Heres to watching UCL tomorrow in flickery SD. I hope no-one here has epilepsy. CHEERS!!! and GOOD JOB VERIZON KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

"Flickery SD"? Sounds like your TV is broken.

No its not my tv, Its a byproduct of video resizing. When you "squish" an HD feed to SD you get a lot of jagged edges if you use a cheap fast resizing filter. Its called aliasing. I wouldnt be complaining here if it was my tv. If you watched the channel you'd see what im talking about as its very distracting.

0 Likes
julesism
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm with Darn. The PQ on FSC SD is sad. I often and suggest folks switch over to FSE (Fox Sports en Espanol - channel 311) when they are covering the same match. If you change the audio to Spanish you'll get the English commentary with much better PQ. I made a comment about this to the twitter guy over a week ago but he did not respond 😕

0 Likes
DallasTX
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is FSC HD really HD or just upconverted SD.  The reason I ask is because ESPN2 HD broadcasts of Premier League games appear to be up converted SD.  Closeups look fine, but wide angle shots of the whole pitch are not near as clear as HD should be.

If this has been mentioned before, I apologize.

0 Likes
Hellstorm1
Contributor - Level 1

Here's the latest news from Twitter (cross-posted from the "Suggest Channels to Add to FiOS TV" thread).

Posted by thetxsquid

@Fiostv I was wondering what to watch this weekend without @fsctv, or CBS & Fox College; no worries we get Kuwait & Chile TV, Yeah!

Response from FiOSTV

@thetxsquid you might also consider Funimation network or Filipino channel - since more FiOS TV viewers watch either of those than FSC 😉

@thetxsquid  yes I'm now responding to FSC HD requests w/ tongue in cheek - y'all have been heard & we are adding next despite low viewership

I then asked...

@FiOSTV Any word on TCM-HD http://is.gd/fxtNx & FearNetHD http://is.gd/fxtPu ?

... and received the following response

@Hellstorm they are not in the next group of new channels, but in the queue

@Hellstorm the only channel we confirmed is FSC HD and the date for ur living room varies by where you live

0 Likes
julesism
Enthusiast - Level 3

still no FSCHD but VZ has no problem wasting precious space with ESPN Goal Line, I mean VZ Help on 571. What a joke. I just tweeted the following to the FiOSTV twitter guy:

@FiOSTV even better idea, put FSCHD on 835 when NFLRZ is off! I'll flip the switch for free!

@FiOSTV ESPNGL (if it ever lights up) should share with NFLRZ! 2 separate HD's with <12hrs a week do not deserve dedicated HD slots

@FiOSTV no (decent) HD +s but ESPNGL, i mean VZHelp is on 571. complete utter waste of xtremely limited space. epic fail + faceplam VZ. Why?

0 Likes
Darn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

@julesism wrote:

still no FSCHD but VZ has no problem wasting precious space with ESPN Goal Line, I mean VZ Help on 571. What a joke. I just tweeted the following to the FiOSTV twitter guy:

@FIOSTV even better idea, put FSCHD on 835 when NFLRZ is off! I'll flip the switch for free!

@FIOSTV ESPNGL (if it ever lights up) should share with NFLRZ! 2 separate HD's with <12hrs a week do not deserve dedicated HD slots

@FIOSTV no (decent) HD +s but ESPNGL, i mean VZHelp is on 571. complete utter waste of xtremely limited space. epic fail + faceplam VZ. Why?

Why add ESPNGL for a sport that's on 1 day a week, 17 weeks out of the year? THIS SUCKs. (why is my font so big i cant change it sorry) 🙂

0 Likes
Darn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

lol someone was tweeting with @fiostv and asked why espngl got green lighted before fschd, and this was his response

"@lbcguy football gets higher ratings than football."

0 Likes