Switch Account

Fox Sports 2 in HD

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Fox Sports 2 in HD

Message 1 of 6
(3,302 Views)

Has anyone heard an update on when FIOS will get FOX Sports 2 in HD?   It is totally unwatchable in SD on an HD TV.  

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Fox Sports 2 in HD

Message 2 of 6
(3,273 Views)

@mdr227 wrote:

Has anyone heard an update on when FIOS will get FOX Sports 2 in HD?   It is totally unwatchable in SD on an HD TV.  

Sorry but I have not heard anything about a possible date for FS2 in HD. Hopefully soon, but who knows....

But FS2 is far from unwatchable in SD on my HD TVs (2 Samsungs, 1 Sony). In fact I generally use the Aspect key on the Verizon remote to increase the picture to use the entire screen, still very watchable. I suspect you may have something set incorrectly or maybe a loose cable connection. One thing you might try is to adjust the Video Sharpness setting, I have mine set to the highest setting (5), might help a little bit. Are all SD channels unwatchable, or just FS2?

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 6
(3,027 Views)

I would also like to see an option for Fox Sports 2 in HD. I'd be willing to upgrade my packages!

Thanks!

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 6
(2,973 Views)
Agreed - I have FIOS and the picture quality on the broadcasts are terrible.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(2,893 Views)

not only should Fox Sports 2 be available in HD, but so  should Fox Soccer Plus, it costs $15 a month for crying out loud. How is it possible to justify that price in 2014 and NOT offer HD?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 6
(2,763 Views)

Yes, I agree. I recorded some UEFA champions league matches, but the picture quality was so terrible that I stopped watching and then deleted them. Soccer on Fox Sports 2 in SD quality is simply unwatchable. I have to wonder if anybody in Fox Sports is even watching what they are broadcasting.

@mdr227 wrote:

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.