Fox sports in 4k?
ScottChapman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've seen an announcement from Fox Sports that they are producing some sports content in 4k (including the superbowl!).

My question is, does that come through the same HD channel or is there a new channel for fox sports 4k?

Is there anyway to tell if I am getting 4k?

And if I wanted to use my fancy high-end TV to do 4k upscaling (which I think involved setting the resolution to 1080p?) would that result in 4k->1k->4k ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fox sports in 4k?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Channels 1498 and 1499 are the FiOS 4K channels. If your FiOS TV One box is set to 2160, then you should be getting 4K when you go to those channels. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Channels 1498 and 1499 are the FiOS 4K channels. If your FiOS TV One box is set to 2160, then you should be getting 4K when you go to those channels. 

ScottChapman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll check those channels when I get home.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Golfhokie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very little content on their 2 channels. ESPN is broadcasting Football championship in 4k, but it will not be available on FIOS

0 Likes
EEMIR
Enthusiast - Level 2

You might want to read this guys  comments: https://tvanswerman.com/2020/01/17/will-the-afc-nfc-championship-games-be-in-4k/

Like you, I was hoping of seeing the championship games in 4K as well. If all I am going to see is dead-air on the 4K channels, then I might as well take up cliff diving! From the RVA 

0 Likes
Newguideconcern
Enthusiast - Level 3

What does set to 2160 mean? How do I check that? Certainly not by entering 2160 as a channel.

0 Likes
Newguideconcern
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ahhhh...the resolution in video settings! Been there, done that, 4K Fox NFL Broadcast is still no better than HD!

0 Likes