Free HBO Loyalty Offer
Daisysue1

I was offered free HBO as a reward for customer loyalty earlier today.  It is to last until June 30, 2015.  However, when I tune to the the channel (899 or 440) it is not activated.  Any suggestions? I tried calling but it was a 1/2 hour wait.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Free HBO Loyalty Offer
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unusually long call wait.  Is that after the initial answer by a real person.  If so they might be switching you to a department which is not open 24/7.

However you could also try their Chat option if it is offered.

0 Likes
ilmtatum7

In another post the author mentions "John Kimmet" and the offer turned out to be false. I received the same offer on 5/28/15 good until 8/31/15.  No offer exists on my account either.  I say REALLY?  My contract ends in July.  Great opportunity to shop providers.  

0 Likes
ilmtatum7

And i found in yet another post the same complaint however the Verizon agent closed the chat by adding a "solution" link which in turn locks out any further comments and leads to ... issue has been elevated... contact.... **bleep**.  They should know what they're doing.

0 Likes
kdandwb
Enthusiast - Level 1

A similar thing happened to me regarding free HBO for the first year of my 2 yr contract...I called Verizon in March when the free year was set to expire because I did not want to pay $19.99 for HBO every month. I was going to cancel HBO...but the Verizon employee told me I was "one of the lucky people who will get free HBO for the entire 2 yr contract"...I was incredibly surprised! I know Verizon keeps track of each time they are contacted by a customer...so I was again incredibly surprised when my bill does not reflect the "free HBO" for the last two months AND THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF EVER TELLING ME I GET FREE HBO FOR THE REST OF MY CONTRACT!!!!! I love, love, love how this magically occurs....

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello kdandwb

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
xalaga1

I have the exact same problem. Received email offering free HBO until 3/31/16 on 12/7/15.

When I tune to 899, it says "Subscription Required". I gave it a few days and power cycled the tuner, but still no go.

My Verizon channel list does not have check marks on 899 or 400.

Tried Chat and was told to call billing. Really?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does email give directions on what to do?

Did you try going online to see if you can add it?

If not, try that and see if it adds for free.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I got the loyality email back in mid-October, all I had to do was tune to 899 and it was already working. Actually I created a second Favorites list for all of the HBO channels so that once my freebie ends at the end of Jan. I can easily remove all of them with one click. I will say though that I have not yet seen one single program or movie I was interested in watching so I am glad I do not actually pay extra for the HBO channels.

0 Likes
xalaga1

I got the exact same email, with a new date. I get "Subscription Required" when tuning to 899. It's supposed to just work without doing anything on my end.

Tech support can't help, there's nothing wrong technically, it's just not provisioned. Billing? I don't want them to add HBO to my billing!

0 Likes