Free On-Demand is a waste...
gene1802
Enthusiast - Level 3
I am a new Fios subscriber and I doubt if this is a revelation to old subscribers but I had to get this off my chest - the choices for free on-demand are horrible. Is this the best they could come up with? Especially the free movies - there is nothing. It would be a big improvement to the service if Verizon would start adding a lot more to the free on-demand. Right now the thing is a complete waste.
Re: Free On-Demand is a waste...
WRKPA
Enthusiast - Level 3
My daughter has Comcast and they have a way better selection. This is one of the things hurting Verizon, it appears the people who are doing FIOS TV, don't appear to have a clue as to what the public wants. They wait, till someone else offers something, before doing it. Verizon should hire some knowledgeable people in this area, that will help them get more customers, and keep the ones they have!
VBSam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Totally agree.

A friend has Cox Cable and their On Demand has a ton of free content.

Movies

Network shows

Cable shows 

Old reruns

new reruns.

and a lot of other interesting shows.

ALL FREE.

We get a few free movies that never seem to change but not many choices.

0 Likes
blegs38552
Contributor - Level 1

I don't know about a total waste. I wanted to see the debut of Southland last Thursday nite, but was 10 or so minutes late tunning in and had not DVD'd it. I looked in the On-Demand for Broadcast NBC and it was already there, enabling me to view it from the start while the original broadcast was still taking place - without any ads except NBC program promotions.

Similarly, I was able to view Harper Island on Friday morning on CBS On Demand - it originally aired on Thurday nite but I didn't DVR that either.

Agreed - it could be much better, but it has some value. It would be nice if FOX was out there too, and if USA had more choices, just to name a few.

0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1
If Fox would stop canceling their shows that is.  Smiley Mad
0 Likes
rags
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I have looked at Cox and Comcast and both have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better free VOD content than Verizon, I thought things would improve over the year that i have been using FIOS and there has been absolutely no improvement at all.

0 Likes
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3
I concur.  But it's unfortunate that if we complain too much, they'll probably add more free movies, but wind up charging us in the end as well.
0 Likes
BigPete82
Contributor - Level 3
In addtion to not having a lot of selection, the content they DO offer doesn't show up within a reasonable time frame.  The Office episode from Thursday the 23rd and Kings from the 27th still haven't shown up on demand!!!  Grey's Anatomy and Southland didn't show up until Sunday afternoon.  What is taking so long for these shows to be made available for viewing?  Let's get it together!!!!
0 Likes